Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedaling Prince Mix: Leaf - Wicked
(19-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: The drums, the bass, the guitars have a nice and intimate sound but the vocals sounds to be in a bigger space and in the begin it somehow sounds to be behind the instruments.

Probably because I didn't automate the vocals, something I tend to avoid doing whenever possible; I prefer the vocals to retain their own dynamics and carry the dynamics of the song.

(19-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: Is it on purpose that the snare is panned to left?

Yes, matching the position of the snare in the overheads.

(19-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: The choruses sounds harsh. Like presence boosting that fit to the softer verses are left on during choruses.

Hm... sounds fine here...?

Anyone else notice this?
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(20-06-2014, 01:31 AM)Pedaling Prince Wrote:
(19-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: The drums, the bass, the guitars have a nice and intimate sound but the vocals sounds to be in a bigger space and in the begin it somehow sounds to be behind the instruments.

Probably because I didn't automate the vocals, something I tend to avoid doing whenever possible; I prefer the vocals to retain their own dynamics and carry the dynamics of the song.

(19-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: Is it on purpose that the snare is panned to left?

Yes, matching the position of the snare in the overheads.

(19-06-2014, 02:33 PM)Moonwrist Wrote: The choruses sounds harsh. Like presence boosting that fit to the softer verses are left on during choruses.

Hm... sounds fine here...?

Anyone else notice this?

I think they are all valid and fair points... he's just trying to help at the end of the day and when you've poured your energy into something and someone thinks it's less than perfect that can hurt a little, but you have to get past that and recognise genuine helpful constructive criticism Big Grin

Have you tried high passing your chorus on the bass, it sounds like it's throwing the bottom end out of phase here.. also looks like it on my goniometer .. somewhere over 100hz, it'll help with phase and help it sound more focussed, maybe even use some early reflections instead, again high passed or a pitch microshifter if you have one Big Grin
also the snare thing IS very distracting, compare it to a commercial release and you're unlikely to find one using the same pan position... the same thing for the backing vocal in the left channel at the end too.....again i'm just offering my own friendly opinion here Big Grin

I think your eqs are nice and on the button! i just think your panning and balance need tightening up and it'll be a SOLID mix! Big Grin

Hope that helps!