Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingloria - Mix & Master
Dynamics are underrated
Feedback is welcome

.mp3    Ingloria.mp3 --  (Download: 2.08 MB)

Hi,

Not bad ! I like the "raw" style the way it start, clean.
But as we go into the track, i find the vocal to be a bit struggling to exist because it's fighting with the drumkit.
Speaking of the drumkit, i think the kick could be bassier and the overheads less sharp (6k) but more airy (10-12k)
Nice dynamics by the way, i feel like everything was preserved.
(22-04-2023, 07:37 AM)A.sch3 Wrote: Hi,

Not bad ! I like the "raw" style the way it start, clean.
But as we go into the track, i find the vocal to be a bit struggling to exist because it's fighting with the drumkit.
Speaking of the drumkit, i think the kick could be bassier and the overheads less sharp (6k) but more airy (10-12k)
Nice dynamics by the way, i feel like everything was preserved.
Thanks,
I might edit based on some of this later. I could raise the vocal level a bit in the verses especially- I intended for this to play at louder volumes, where quieter phrases are not as big an issue, but it does affect it at levels at which you might listen to most other tracks. I am pretty happy with the drums, but I can certainly try out the suggestions. I was going for a more vintage drum sound, where they tended to be a bit more mid-focused.
Hello, nice mix, you got the dynamic nuance for sure. May be the voice it is a bit lost and dark sometimes.