Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos González - A Place For Us
so you should you have come along way and worked hard.
Good job, Juan Big Grin I'd like a little more power from the kick in some places and the lower register backing vocals are perhaps a little too loud and one of the lower pitched drums a little ringey, but this sounds fantastic, man. It's pretty incredible to watch your mixes improve as quickly as they have.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
thank you, Pauli! I feel quite proud of this mix because it's been a while since I last had one that was 'successful' here in the forum. Wink
mixing since April 2013
Who cares if the forum likes it? You know you do good work. Big Grin
There are some great mixes on this forum with no feedback at all,it means nothing.
Just keep going ,if you like it that is all that really matters.
I do this for myself because for me this is just a hobby and I have no intention to build a career on this. But who doesn't like some acknowledge once in a while? Smile
mixing since April 2013
Sounds good, Juan. I wondering if the two short guitar tracks could come down a bit or maybe some upper mids cut on them?
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(10-05-2014, 05:04 PM)bmullen Wrote: Sounds good, Juan. I wondering if the two short guitar tracks could come down a bit or maybe some upper mids cut on them?

almost always a good idea with overdriven electric guitars. good advice, there, bmullen. Smile
(10-05-2014, 07:26 AM)juanjose1967 Wrote: I do this for myself because for me this is just a hobby and I have no intention to build a career on this. But who doesn't like some acknowledge once in a while? Smile

I love acknowledgement always Big Grin and you deserve it! My comment may have come across differently than I intended... I merely meant that a mix that draws praise on the forum shouldn't be your primary goal. Failure is often the best learning experience, and I know this all too well Tongue but I think the praise you draw from your own heart is more important, given that you're well aware of your technical skill. If your mix makes you feel passion and joy, it doesn't matter if it draws praise so much.. often a mix will go unnoticed when posted on the weekend, so don't look to a large reaction as a barometer of quality Big Grin Great work.
First off, I love the vocal sound you got here; you managed to get a nice, full sound out of it without it being too muddy or getting lost in the mix. Nice! Smile

I feel guitar tracks 1 and 2 are way too loud; I'd bring them down a good 3-4 dB.

I love the way ElectroPercussion1 interacts with ElectroPercussion2 panned left and right; opens up the stereo image nicely. Big Grin

I think BackingVox1 jumps out a wee bit too much at 1:32; might want to bring that down a dB or two, or maybe add a heavier reverb to pull it back in the soundstage a bit.

Love the way the synth pops out at 2:00! Tongue

How did you get that nice solid rumble out of the Electro Hits?! I wanted that effect but you can only barely hear them in my mix! Blush
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince