Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aina Tramullas- Para Poderte Cantar!
Challenging and fun song!
Did some automation.

Did some automation on stem master aswell

Revision. I did some EQing and balancing

.mp3    PerPoderTeCantar StemMasterNo.2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.18 MB)

Hi Ricks,

Overall, I'm hearing a very warm mix.

* Drums ultra clear, and bright.
* Good bass.
* Good strong Hammond.
* The piano is ultra warm and dull for what I think is a lead instrument... i.e. the piano starts and ends the song. So to my ears the piano doesn't sound natural in comparison with the overall mix.
* The background vocals are very warm too. A little overly warm for my taste.

You described the song as challenging... tell us more!

You mentioned automation: I did hear automation in the last 3 seconds of the song, which didn't sound super natural due to it's speed in volume change.
(23-04-2023, 09:29 PM)majew7 Wrote: Hi Ricks,

Overall, I'm hearing a very warm mix.

* Drums ultra clear, and bright.
* Good bass.
* Good strong Hammond.
* The piano is ultra warm and dull for what I think is a lead instrument... i.e. the piano starts and ends the song.  So to my ears the piano doesn't sound natural in comparison with the overall mix.
* The background vocals are very warm too.  A little overly warm for my taste.

You described the song as challenging... tell us more!

You mentioned automation: I did hear automation in the last 3 seconds of the song, which didn't sound super natural due to it's speed in volume change.

Hey man thank you for listening!

*I needed to carved out the drums from all the low mid frequency. It wasn't too bad tho. No drums replacement
*For the bass I just cleaned it up by using a hi-pass filter and a compressor. Nothing too fancy
*The Hammond needed some love lol
*I think this piano sets the rhythm. Many elements in this song can be the "lead". I cant let the piano overtake the organ and or choirs jeje. I did however brighten it up a bit more. Thanks for that input.
*The background vocals are fine. It comes down to taste.
*Man, if you only notice the Automation on the last 3 seconds of the song, its a win man. The song is full with automation. Btw, I was aware of those 3 last seconds. I was just too lazy to fix them properly.

I attached the revision on top

.mp3    PerPoderTeCantar StemMasterNo.2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.18 MB)