Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DaimonB_Cold_Full
[Image: nuQds.png]My Mix
Thanks !!!
Studio one v6 - Sonarworks ref. 

.mp3    DaimonB_Cold_Full v1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

Hi there! Great mix! Let me point out some things that could help it go even further.

- Vocals are missing high end and compression and maybe a little bit of automation. Especially compression would help a lot to bring some power out of them.

- Kick is kinda burried. Maybe take out a few dB out around 100Hz, boost high mids and also around 8kHz, so it cuts through the mix. Of course compression and a bit of saturation is your friend here to make the kick drum pop. Also snare drum sounds a bit boxy and a bit too natural for this type of music. Try compressing it more and also use a clipper to bring up the snare body.

- Guitars sound that are panned inwards. Electric guitars take a lot of space in general, and panning them inwards make the mix sound smaller and not wide enough. Also they clash with each other and with other elements that are in the center of the mix like vocals, bass, kick, snare. Pan them 100% left and right to open up the mix and let other things occupie the center. I understand the choice to pan them close to the center because most of the synths are stereo files. However with the right eq moves , both guitars and synths can live together.

Cheers!
(17-04-2023, 01:30 PM)MakisD Wrote: Hi there! Great mix! Let me point out some things that could help it go even further.

- Vocals are missing high end and compression and maybe a little bit of automation. Especially compression would help a lot to bring some power out of them.

- Kick is kinda burried. Maybe take out a few dB out around 100Hz, boost high mids and also around 8kHz, so it cuts through the mix. Of course compression and a bit of saturation is your friend here to make the kick drum pop. Also snare drum sounds a bit boxy and a bit too natural for this type of music. Try compressing it more and also use a clipper to bring up the snare body.

- Guitars sound that are panned inwards. Electric guitars take a lot of space in general, and panning them inwards make the mix sound smaller and not wide enough. Also they clash with each other and with other elements that are in the center of the mix like vocals, bass, kick, snare. Pan them 100% left and right to open up the mix and let other things occupie the center. I understand the choice to pan them close to the center because most of the synths are stereo files. However with the right eq moves , both guitars and synths can live together.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for your availability and tips. I made the correction according to what you described, and it really got much better. This was my first metal mix. I hope that the ouica to know if relamete got better in your opinion.

Best regards

[Image: 09PKJ.png]

.mp3    RE DaimonB_Cold_Full v3.1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.7 MB)