Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simplemachine Ingloria ixi Mix
This song is cool, vocals are awesome, feedback welcome.

.mp3    simplemachine-ingloria-mixing 2023-04-10 0915.mp3 --  (Download: 7.5 MB)

Vocals are really lush, nice sound. A little bass heavy/treble light I feel, and maybe a little compressed?
(10-04-2023, 07:51 PM)tbond Wrote: Vocals are really lush, nice sound. A little bass heavy/treble light I feel, and maybe a little compressed?

Thanks for the feedback I'll check it out the issues you presented.
Hi !

Not a bad take, but let me point out some of the details that come to me :
- Vocal is too loud and take up the front in a distracting way
- Drumkit is too small and lack separation, deepen the kick, make that snare ring a bit more and boost the highs of the overheads
- Pan instruments full left/right, be bold, it usually works better than middleground panning.

The frequency balance seems to be a bit off by having the vocal too bright.

Good job on the vocal that are really low volume tho, it works ! It brings it right up in the face, that's what we want, but maybe not as loud.
(21-04-2023, 10:02 PM)A.sch3 Wrote: Hi !

Not a bad take, but let me point out some of the details that come to me :
- Vocal is too loud and take up the front in a distracting way
- Drumkit is too small and lack separation, deepen the kick, make that snare ring a bit more and boost the highs of the overheads
- Pan instruments full left/right, be bold, it usually works better than middleground panning.

The frequency balance seems to be a bit off by having the vocal too bright.

Good job on the vocal that are really low volume tho, it works ! It brings it right up in the face, that's what we want, but maybe not as loud.

Thanks for the feedback I agree with a lot of your assessment after stepping away from the track for several days and will probably be re-opening this session at some point to see what I can do.