Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned From The Zoo • Turn On Me
Hi! I was looking for some feedback, so... what do you think?

.mp3    Banned From The Zoo • Turn On Me (Mix + Master).mp3 --  (Download: 10.11 MB)

Very nice. I do think the vocal gets thin at times. There's enough body in your excellent ensemble to bring back some mids in his vocal to make it more expressive and more in front. The bass guitar is excellent.
Still a very nice listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(27-06-2023, 05:27 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nice. I do think the vocal gets thin at times. There's enough body in your excellent ensemble to bring back some mids in his vocal to make it more expressive and more in front. The bass guitar is excellent.
Still a very nice listen.

Hello! Thanks for comment.

I think that in my desire to make the voice sound clean I cut aggressively around 750 Hz. I guess that's why it gets to hear thin. Do you know how I could bring back a bit of the body of the voice without making it sound muddy?
(27-06-2023, 09:51 PM)Kevin Martinez Wrote: [quote pid='124773' dateline='1687840030']
Do you know how I could bring back a bit of the body of the voice without making it sound muddy?

[/quote]

There are all kinds of ways, Kevin. The i-pass you have described is kind of high. You could bring that down lower. You could leave the hi-pass and add EQ at the bottom. Use the slopes of your EQs to work the best with the areas you want to enhance. this often means going below the center of the are  with more gain so the edge of the slope of your EQ brings up the warms you are looking for.  You can also use compression and a de-esser to tame the top as you bring up the body with compression. You could add a short delay, even. There are all manner of ways. Experiment and explore. Most important; have fun.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(03-08-2023, 09:56 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: [quote pid='124795' dateline='1687899075']
There are all kinds of ways, Kevin. The i-pass you have described is kind of high. You could bring that down lower. You could leave the hi-pass and add EQ at the bottom. Use the slopes of your EQs to work the best with the areas you want to enhance. this often means going below the center of the are  with more gain so the edge of the slope of your EQ brings up the warms you are looking for.  You can also use compression and a de-esser to tame the top as you bring up the body with compression. You could add a short delay, even. There are all manner of ways. Experiment and explore. Most important; have fun.

[/quote]

Oh! Thank you very much, I will keep it in mind!