Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
'Amor Que Lucha' - roy Mix
Here's my version. I'm about to scrap this and start again/move on but I wanted to know what particularly was bad about this mix. I tried some things I saw in a cartoon but thought might work. I was wrong. Damn you Loony Tunes.

Also, we all hear "I Wanna Be Adored" in this song, right? A bit?

Edit: I added a new mix to make it a bit dryer but I think it's probably about the same. I did spend a bit of time trying to get some elements to stick out more. Not sure it helps. I also tried to make a greater dynamic jump from the intro to the next part.

Thoughts?

.mp3    AqL_Mx01a.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

.mp3    AqL_Mx02d_mas01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.71 MB)

Your balances are great.. it's just too wet on the reverb.. it almost sounds like you dropped a reverb on the master track.. making it all floaty. other than that, great mix. Also that intro being so dry... I'd drop the volume on those a bit.. so when the rest of the song comes in with all the processing it becomes more impactfull.
(02-04-2023, 08:33 PM)Shul Wrote: Your balances are great.. it's just too wet on the reverb.. it almost sounds like you dropped a reverb on the master track.. making it all floaty. other than that, great mix. Also that intro being so dry... I'd drop the volume on those a bit.. so when the rest of the song comes in with all the processing it becomes more impactfull.
Thanks for listening. Yeah, I intentionally leaned on the verb a bit in this one.

I thought that maybe the intro was already too low compared to the rest of the track. Good to know.
(02-04-2023, 10:02 PM)roy Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 08:33 PM)Shul Wrote: Your balances are great.. it's just too wet on the reverb.. it almost sounds like you dropped a reverb on the master track.. making it all floaty. other than that, great mix. Also that intro being so dry... I'd drop the volume on those a bit.. so when the rest of the song comes in with all the processing it becomes more impactfull.
Thanks for listening. Yeah, I intentionally leaned on the verb a bit in this one.

I thought that maybe the intro was already too low compared to the rest of the track. Good to know.
I could have been me just hearing verb on the rest of the track that it felt like the first part was louder than the rest.
Love the vocal from 2d but everything else in 1a.
Very nice mix!
really nice!
(11-04-2023, 03:33 PM)Markpianist Wrote: Love the vocal from 2d but everything else in 1a.
Very nice mix!

(13-04-2023, 12:19 PM)KANE Wrote: really nice!
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for listening.