Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Per Poder-Te Cantar - Aina Trámalas
Hi
hope you'll enjoy, I'll be happy to have some comments.

cheers.

.mp3    AinaTramullas_PerPoderTeCantar-(Loud).mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)

Hello
here is a second one with some little changes
thanks for any advice.

.mp3    AinaTramullas_PerPoderTeCantar-(loud)#3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)

hi
I think this one is more balanced, let me know which one do you like ?

.mp3    AinaTramullas_PerPoderTeCantar-(loud)#5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)

Hi,

for me it is the third one i like the best.

In the verses the vocal seems fairly dry. Maybe you could try to give it a touch of ambience or slap to connect more to the instruments.
The bgvs could have some dipping in the low mids in the two choruses at the end. That would reinforce the scene change from the middle eight and lighten it up just a little more.
In the first half of the second verse the piano plays some higher notes which get a little in the way of the vocals. Iirc, they poke out mainly in the stereo track. Just a touch of level automation can help there. As a bonus the entry of the Hammond gets more of an event.

Nice work.
It doesn't have to sound good to move people - David Byrne
(28-04-2023, 06:56 PM)novalix Wrote: Hi,

for me it is the third one i like the best.

In the verses the vocal seems fairly dry. Maybe you could try to give it a touch of ambience or slap to connect more to the instruments.
The bgvs could have some dipping in the low mids in the two choruses at the end. That would reinforce the scene change from the middle eight and lighten it up just a little more.
In the first half of the second verse the piano plays some higher notes which get a little in the way of the vocals. Iirc, they poke out mainly in the stereo track. Just a touch of level automation can help there. As a bonus the entry of the Hammond gets more of an event.

Nice work.
Hi Novalix thanks for your reply.

I made the lead vocal a little bit more wet in the verses and you're absolutely wright the piano is too loud on the verse with high notes. (I didn't use the stereo track) .
there were a lot of cutting in the background vocals and the lead's low end, I wanted to make space but I think they were too much cut.
here a new one with some small (and sometime very small) changes.
I cut the low mid in a reverb too. 

thank you

.mp3    AinaTramullas_PerPoderTeCantar-(loud)#6.mp3 --  (Download: 8.74 MB)