Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Flowers: 'Ecstasy' Mix & Master
Mixed and mastered (but I'm no mastering expert). The mix is with limited production choices (so I haven't changed much in terms of overall flow or sound).  Tracks were already "produced and leveled", so all in all it was more of a fader exercise than anything else, but I did try to have some sort of swing at it.  There's more things I could have done, and things that still might need improving (in my untreated room, some low frequencies start resonating quite easily with this one). Let me know, good or bad!

.mp3    BenFlowers_Ecstasy_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 5.75 MB)

sounds pretty good no major issues but a bit muddy in general, mikesenior did a great podcast with tips on how to improve the arrangement with mixing tools, i admit it was just a scetch and not complete, this is how it is now
https://soundcloud.com/ys-man/ecstasy-2

if you or anybody want the stems with everything new i would gladly upload them.

you say tracks were produced and levelled? everything is raw samples or straight from the vst with no effects and the only levelling was possibly to lower some to stop them clipping
(30-03-2023, 09:48 AM)Ys Man Wrote: sounds pretty good no major issues but a bit muddy in general, mikesenior did a great podcast with tips on how to improve the arrangement with mixing tools, i admit it was just a scetch and not complete, this is how it is now

if you or anybody want the stems with everything new i would gladly upload them.

you say tracks were produced and levelled? everything is raw samples or straight from the vst with no effects and the only levelling was possibly to lower some to stop them clipping
Thank you for listening and commenting. I agree that it sounds a bit muddy and I'll take that into account. It's very interesting that it's all raw samples and vst sounds, I'm more used to "analog" recorded stuff which sounds a lot more raw (not a criticism at all). These tracks do sound quite polished already, but there was still a lot to clean up in the lows and low mids.

Thanks!
(30-03-2023, 10:24 AM)goossbe Wrote:
(30-03-2023, 09:48 AM)Y Wrote: sounds pretty good no major issues but a bit muddy in general, mikesenior did a great podcast with tips on how to improve the arrangement with mixing tools, i admit it was just a scetch and not complete, this is how it is now

Thank you for listening and commenting. I agree that it sounds a bit muddy and I'll take that into account. It's very interesting that it's all raw samples and vst sounds, I'm more used to "analog" recorded stuff which sounds a lot more raw (not a criticism at all). These tracks do sound quite polished already, but there was still a lot to clean up in the lows and low mids.

Thanks!
the drum samples will probably be produced with effects as they are just sample pack hits and loops but nothing added by me