Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redwood - Smoker And The Stoner
Here I leave my mix, any comment is good

.mp3    Redwood - Smoker And The Stoner.mp3 --  (Download: 5.94 MB)

I like the overall aggressiveness of the mix. I think the shaker and back round vocals could come back. They don't really add anything. to my ear. I may have minor issues here or there with the band mix/levels but I think the biggest issue is with the vocal levels. They feel like an after thought. Like another element of the song as opposed to the focus. I wish they came in with weight. If that makes sense. The vocals are the most important thing.
Hope that helps.
Hi Tete.I remastered your mix to me.I changed vocal level,low end ,balance,imager and m-s settings.Hope you like it.
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
I've turned up the volume a little bit. I usually leave all sounds at -6dbs to have a balanced mix, except hihats and something else. Thanks for the feedback

.mp3    Redwood - Smoker And The Stoner (Master).mp3 --  (Download: 5.83 MB)

(26-03-2023, 11:23 AM)tete Wrote: I've turned up the volume a little bit. I usually leave all sounds at -6dbs to have a balanced mix, except hihats and something else. Thanks for the feedback

Not sure if I have misunderstood somthing here or not... you balance a mix by setting all track channels to -6db peak?  Confused

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
What I mean is that I leave all the volumes at the same level,
I usually work at -18dbfs per track. And I don't raise a kick to -16dbfs if the voice is at -18
Greetings
Hi!

Hey thanks for getting back to me. I was just curious that's all. I'm still not quite sure I am quite understanding what you mean though!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi Mikej.
I want to tell you that if I have a bass at -18, I don't leave the bass drum at -15. If I don't hear it right, I'll mix it in a different way, but always at -18 the same as the bass.