Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoker and the Stoner-Bad Mix
I keep trying but I can't make this one work. I need to just post it and move on.

.mp3    SmokerandStoner_roy_Mx02b.mp3 --  (Download: 4.62 MB)

Hey dude, long time no speak. I hope you've been doing well since we last spoke here.

Mate, I think this is a seriously good attempt at mixing this song. Honestly, its clean, dynamic, and pretty full. I especially like how warm the drums sound in general. My favorite part of your mix is probably that you haven't cranked the bottom snare, unlike everyone else and all I can hear in their mixes is the constant rattle of the snares.

Props.
~
Other Mixes
(23-03-2023, 04:58 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Hey dude, long time no speak. I hope you've been doing well since we last spoke here.

Mate, I think this is a seriously good attempt at mixing this song. Honestly, its clean, dynamic, and pretty full. I especially like how warm the drums sound in general. My favorite part of your mix is probably that you haven't cranked the bottom snare, unlike everyone else and all I can hear in their mixes is the constant rattle of the snares.

Props.
Thanks. Welcome back and thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I think there's some snare (squashed room?) leakage that is on some tracks that don't feel right or necessary which would be that bottom snare rattle. I get it. It's there and you mix what you're given but meh, it doesn't add so I dropped it. It still could use some work but thanks for listening. I appreciate it.
Hi!

Yeah this is far from terrible Smile.

I feel that there might be a bit of low end on some tracks here and there that could do with a bit more highpass to clean things up a touch, but it's not a bad mix.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Yep you definitely have skills.

You should write something in your profile
You said you were older so it would be interesting to hear how you got here.

I just joined so I'll have to sit down soon and wrote something on my profile.
(26-03-2023, 09:37 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Yeah this is far from terrible Smile

I feel that there might be a bit of low end on some tracks here and there that could do with a bit more highpass to clean things up a touch, but it's not a bad mix.

Cheers!

(11-04-2023, 03:40 PM)Markpianist Wrote: Yep you definitely have skills.

You should write something in your profile
You said you were older so it would be interesting to hear how you got here.

I just joined so I'll have to sit down soon and wrote something on my profile.
Thanks guys.
You're probably right Mike. I do generally have a bit of roll off on most tracks but maybe I should be more arrgressive with it. Or just more aggressive as opposed to whatever word I mistyped in the previous sentence.

Thanks Mark. Meh, I've had different things in my profile over the years. I feel like I'm long enough out of the game to not call any attention to any past experience I may have had. I'm still in learning mode. Except I'm still a jerk, it seems.