Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redwood: 'Smoker And The Stoner'
very quick go

.mp3    Mixdown(2).mp3 --  (Download: 4.67 MB)

Some more time

.mp3    Stoner.mp3 --  (Download: 4.88 MB)

(21-03-2023, 10:23 AM)Y Wrote: Some more time

Hi Y'sMan .I loved your mix.very good.I only wanted to hear more banjo sound.Finally you need more clarity and widening (to me ) I quickly remastered your mix.Congrulations!
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
(21-03-2023, 07:20 PM)Mammy Wrote:
(21-03-2023, 10:23 AM)Y Wrote: Some more time

Hi Y'sMan .I loved your mix.very good.I only wanted to hear more banjo sound.Finally you need more clarity and widening (to me ) I quickly remastered your mix.Congrulations!
Thanks Mammy, i agree with some things you say but feel you changed the tone and became a bit harsh-fatiguing especially with all the cymbals, ive added some saturation and and made it wider

.mp3    Stoner.mp3 --  (Download: 4.91 MB)

changes

.mp3    Stoner.mp3 --  (Download: 5.01 MB)

Hi!

Hope you're doing well,

Had a listen through all the mixes and can hear you are heading in the right direction and homing in on the sound.

A few things occured to me that I thought might help with this one to get that final polish -

For me the main thing about this track was to do a whole lot of volume automation. First off to sort the vocals out before compression for legibility, automating the volume of individual words and vowels. Next - similar automation to get a really good blend of the harmony vocals so that no vocal part sticks out too much. Next up - volume automation of the instruments to get a nice left/right blend and balance. Once this is all done you can then go back through and ensure the balance is right for each song section, and also raise interesting bits here and there as to where you want the listeners ear to be (hope this makes sense). You want to build in kind of a thread that the ear can follow throughout the track.

Speaking of left/right balance I feel you can maybe high pass the banjo a little, and also add a bit of top end - my thinking is to balance it with the guitar on the right frequency wise, as well as volume wise. Then you can automate the volume up a bit at key points to move the listeners ear a bit here and there, so to speak - get a little kind of call and response thing going on.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts I had that I thought I'd pass on.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
thanks mike