Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peppermark - Interlude
Hi,

My attempt.

Cheers!

Update: Mix 1.0:

- Some small changes - tucked in the FX tracks a bit, brighter snare, added a small amount of volume to guitar #5 in that section before the orchestral bit so it pokes out just a little bit more than it did, and slightly heavier mix bus compressor settings.

.mp3    Peppermark - Interlude.mp3 --  (Download: 16.11 MB)

.mp3    Peppermark - Interlude 1.0.mp3 --  (Download: 16.11 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Great mix.. would have liked a different snare processing on it but it works good.
Good mix, mikej! Well, that mix cool in dynamics and instruments clarity, not bad punch...!)
thanks for your time on mixing this track!!

AWESOME mix, i love punchy drums like this one.

if i could nitpick something, it would be:

- maybe turn tose FX down 1-2dB
- maybe turn the high end of the snare just a touch, or even the whole mix (but for that, be careful with the cymbal volume, witch sounds perfect)
- make the mix a bit more "pumpy". with the drum tone you achieved, it the mix pumps a bit more when the kick and snare hits, it would give it A TON of energy, even if you have a lot of it already

hope you liked the song!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
(12-03-2023, 07:29 PM)Shul Wrote: Great mix.. would have liked a different snare processing on it but it works good.

Hey thanks for checking it out. Wasn't 100% sure about the snare myself. I think the slightly brighter snare on mix 1.0 works better?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(13-03-2023, 02:09 PM)Peppermark Wrote: thanks for your time on mixing this track!!

AWESOME mix, i love punchy drums like this one.

if i could nitpick something, it would be:

- maybe turn tose FX down 1-2dB
- maybe turn the high end of the snare just a touch, or even the whole mix (but for that, be careful with the cymbal volume, witch sounds perfect)
- make the mix a bit more "pumpy". with the drum tone you achieved, it the mix pumps a bit more when the kick and snare hits, it would give it A TON of energy, even if you have a lot of it already

hope you liked the song!!!

Thank you for providing the tracks and also checking out everyone's mixes, it's much appreciated.

Thanks for checking out my mix and for those nitpicks - I've made a few changes and posted a v1.0. I think the snare does sound much better now with a bit more top end and some extra bus compression added.

..and yes I like the song!! The progression and build of the track is really good.

Cheers!