Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INTERLUDE - PEPPERMARK
Cool song. Really liked that ending orchestra vive.
Anyways, this is my take on it.

.mp3    INTERLUDE.mp3 --  (Download: 16.22 MB)

.mp3    INTERLUDE_2.mp3 --  (Download: 16.22 MB)

glad you liked it!!!

great mix! but in my opinion it could use some changes to make it even better:

- first mix i listen where the bass grit is bit loud!! i aprecciate that, but in this case, it took away the brightness of the guitar tracks. since that's a guitar driven song, i would turn the bass grit down a bit, and bring back the brightness of the guitars. you can make the bass "louder" but still "behind" the guitars by distorting or saturating the bass grit even more.

- in the build up, maybe turn that kick up 2-4dB

- sometimes i feel the drum shels are pushed back, though the cymbals are perfectly balanced and cristal clean (and i loved it). maybe paralell compression would help that.

thanks!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
Yeah I thought this was pretty good! I do think the changes mentioned above will help to bring the guitars out and forward just a touch more.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I think I do miss the delays on the intro guitar...

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thanks for the input guys. Gave it another listen with a more organic feel on it as listening on phone speakers mix sounded quite harsh.. As for the intro guitar delays, I didn't see a delay intro guitar unless I deleted it by accident.
(14-03-2023, 04:21 AM)Shul Wrote: As for the intro guitar delays, I didn't see a delay intro guitar unless I deleted it by accident.

The library mix has a delay effect on the guitar during the intro section Smile.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!