Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
My mix! i am argentina :) sorry my english
This is my mix! and tanks for acept me in this place!

.mp3    South of the water.mp3 --  (Download: 3.46 MB)

Le falta bastante, la voz está re hundida y además no le pusiste nada de reverb la hace sonar muy seca y parece sin terminar. Mismo con los demás instrumentos, un poquito de reverb para hacer q todo suene junto.

Tmbn te tiro la posta para hacer sonar el tema mucho más grande. Probá panear todos los instrumentos 100% a los costados o dejarlos en el medio. Vi q dejaste varios en el medio al 50% ponele. A veces suena medio raro pero una vez q te acostumbrás te das cuenta q es mucho mejor así.

La batería y el bajo estaban bien pero un poquito de reverb a la batería y nada más.
The stingrays must be fat this year
I'm moving slow, in my lowest gear....♪♫
Hola!! gracias por sus opiones, la verdad es que tienen razon ambos, aunque tambien es verdad que depende el concepto con el que lo mezcles. Las guitarras practicamentes no las toque, solo paneo, y las voces lo mismo. Muchas gracias! debo darle mas dedicacion y ser mas detallista! ahora en la mezcla original lo bateria suena con mas power, aun no logro alcanzar ese sonido, si alguien lo logro me gustaria lo compartan como, Muchas gracias!.

An interesting take on this multitrack, because you've given is a much smoother and softer-edged presentation. I rather like it for this reason, in fact, and also because it's pretty well-balanced overall. However, I'm not sure it's actually the direction the band would probably want it to go, if I give me instinctive response. I'd have thought that they'd have wanted a bit more midrange in the guitars and a stronger snare with a bit more bit to it in the midrange again.

I also wonder whether you might give the effects a bit more of a wide-screen quality. That said, the widening effect in the verse's guitar suffers a lot in mono, so that's probably not the direction I'd head personally. Why not go for some kind of ping-pong or rhythmic multi-tap delay patch? That's a good way to add width and expansiveness without washing things out or incurring too much mono penalty. I'd also look at the potential of tempo-sync'ed delays for the lead vocals, especially in the choruses.

(Apologies if my English here is tricky to understand -- perhaps someone else reading this could translate if Google won't do a decent job of it!)
thanks mike! Your opinion is very valuable, and I will begin to experience all that you commented here.