Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JeffHirata Sunshine COX-Lab ITB MIX
Hello guys,
This is my mix.
Thanks for listening.
Any suggestions are welcome!
COX

.mp3    JeffHirata_Sunshine_Full_1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.87 MB)

.mp3    JeffHirata_Sunshine_Full_2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.86 MB)

COX-Lab
email to : [email protected]
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Hy guys,
Today I add new mix release.
Thanks for listening.
Cheers
Cox
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy
I really like both mixes: very well balanced and a good choice of what to highlight and what not. The only thing that I noticed was the kick drum which I thought was too prominent (a bit too "woolly" for the song), which caused the low end to stick out a bit when the kick hits - at least to my ears. And at the end of the song, some of the background vocals are not coming through enough ("can you hear the sun") - if they blend in that's fine, but you hear them separately but just not quite enough. I would turn that a bit up. But that's nitpicking, overall very good mixes.
(15-03-2023, 04:20 PM)goossbe Wrote: I really like both mixes: very well balanced and a good choice of what to highlight and what not. The only thing that I noticed was the kick drum which I thought was too prominent (a bit too "woolly" for the song), which caused the low end to stick out a bit when the kick hits - at least to my ears. And at the end of the song, some of the background vocals are not coming through enough ("can you hear the sun") - if they blend in that's fine, but you hear them separately but just not quite enough. I would turn that a bit up. But that's nitpicking, overall very good mixes.
Hi Goossbe thank you for listening and rating my mix track.

I'm glad to take your suggestion to improve it.

All the best.

COX.
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy
Hi Cox.Firstly I loved your mix.Open ,balanced and nice.kick and snare are a bit low.El gtrs are loud.Lead vocal is very sharp(you can use wave de esser -use it in split mode and adjust frequency about 4.5k- very powerful way to eliminate esses ) Finally you need more soft eq settings.To me eq settings are near to the harshness(but they are not harsh)Balance ,stereo image is very good.Very good job Cox .Maybe You're doing right .Maybe my comments are wrong.And You may hate from me for these comments Big Grin   Cheers !
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
(16-03-2023, 03:29 PM)Mammy Wrote: Hi Cox.Firstly I loved your mix.Open ,balanced and nice.kick and snare are a bit low.El gtrs are loud.Lead vocal is very sharp(you can use wave de esser -use it in split mode and adjust frequency about 4.5k- very powerful way to eliminate esses ) Finally you need more soft eq settings.To me eq settings are near to the harshness(but they are not harsh)Balance ,stereo image is very good.Very good job Cox .Maybe You're doing right .Maybe my comments are wrong.And You may hate from me for these comments Big Grin   Cheers !

Hi Mammy you are always welcome!
Thank you to spent your time for listen to my mixes and give me your impressions.
To me, the spirit of participation in these forums is the "openness", because what I don't hear will be heard by others and I think that this is the right way to grow and calibrate one's abilities.

I will check your suggestion.

COX.
COX-Lab
Nola (Napoli) Italy