Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peppermark - Interlude - 1ws Mix
I really like this song. It's really gorgeous and well composed! Please let me know if you enjoy this mix. I took my time with this one, and felt like it benefitted from a lot of tesseract-esque processing and tons of dynamics. 

Thank you for listening, and thank you in advance for your critiques! Big Grin

.mp3    Peppermark - Interlude - 1ws Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 16.11 MB)

glad you liked!!!

and thank's for the tesseract reference, i do like that band a lot <3

absolutely LOVED your snare. sounds "blocky", but without losing any punch whatsoever

here are some things to make your mix even better:

- i see you re-amped the guitar DI tracks (and im honored you used those, hope you didnt have any problem on that). so, they do sound good, but i would for sure turn down the gain, specially in some sections of the song.
- dont forget to pitch shift the "octave gtrs", they are supposed to follow the bass track instead of enhance the rhythm gtrs
- i went more in-depth with re-amping these tracks in another mix, maybe take you time to read some of my comments there as well (https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=45944)

thanks for mixing!!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
Overall mix is very boomy. Not sure if it's the bass and reverbs you are using but it's very boomy. Levels are not bad. They are solid actually but your mix would sound better if you'd get rid of all that boominess.