Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
All Souls Moon
Apollo with UAD plugins... used a uad 610 B to give some harmonic character to most of the tracks, suttle compression on vocals... plate verb on lead voc, hall verb on background vocals, notched out a bit of the mids on the lead voc as well boosted on hmf, guitar a made a bit brighter.

Those are just a few things i did... tell me what you think...

.mp3    Final mix demo mp3 v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.44 MB)

A comment from a fellow UAD user :-)

I like the overall sound that is nicely warmed by the 610 and quite dynamic. Of drums I like mostly snare.
A few hints:
- the kick seems a little overwhelming (too loud). I'm sure in a car audition it would be very evident, since it's already in the ipod headset.
- you may have misunderstood the prominence of the bass solo portion that is on first bass track (unison with the choir on 2:15 - 2:50) while the second bass track should be buried in as bass line. At least this is how I interpreted it. Your track has the bass solo basically inaudible, while the second bass track seems too prominent and unbalanced with the rest of the song.
- I'm bothered by the shaker panned to right ear exactly after 10 seconds. Anyway that's just me. ;-)

I seem to be the only one bothered with the 488 Hz resonance of the Acou guit, so I'm avoiding any further comments on this item.

cheers
"... I'm listening. Yes."
from Switzerland