Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peppermark - Interlude
Really nice production, I did some small EQ moves just to fit all the elements together.
I found some of the chorus guitars too harsh, so I did a bit of automation. Also I've chosen to use the amped guitars provided, thought it did fit the song better

Let me know what you think

Edit (v1 R02) 05.03.2023
- Adding more "click" to the kick
- Brightening the entire mix a bit

Cheers

.mp3    Peppermark - Interlude v1 R01.mp3 --  (Download: 14.01 MB)

.mp3    Peppermark - Interlude v1 R02.mp3 --  (Download: 14.03 MB)

MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
Glad you liked it!!

As for the mix:

- LOVED the automation on the chorus. I mylself did also automate an EQ plugin for all guitars in all 3 choruses, taming that 3-5k region, but just a touch. In this mix it sounds like you turned down the Rhythm Gtr (witch is indeed a bit mot harsh, because it uses open chords), but maintained the Extra guitars. Gold move right there.
- Liked the "natural" vibe you went for. I do believe the drum sounds makes the mixer to try and go for that route.
- Missing a bit of click from the kick. maybe just crank that second kick sample (that is focused on the high end) from 3 to 6db
- Maybe tone down FX tracks (reverse cymbals, explosions etc)and a bit of that limiter
- Everything but the drums sounds a bit muffled, try EQ'ing that by removing a bit of 300-400Hrtz or boosting 5kHrtz and maybe a 8kHrtz high shelf.
- Final touch: try adding some parallel compression to the mix a bit more energy (may work in the whole mix or just drums)

Thanks for taking your time!!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
Thanks a lot for the multi-tracks, and for the comprehensive feedback

Yes, you're right about the high frequencies, I got a little "scared" that the guitars and everything else would sound a bit harsh, so I kinda did a high cut with a Pultech EQ on the master bus, to tame those freqs.
Also, I'm a bit sensitive to these, so there's that too Smile
For the kick, you're also right, my first attempt had a lot of kick click and I thought it can be distracting, so I've also tamed that. But this is a metal song, so you're vision makes more sense
I know for sure, the guitars have a mild boost around 360Hz, but I guess that was a bit too much

I'll sure review the mix

Cheers
Andrei
New mix added, following the feedback from Peppermark
I'm liking mix v1 R02. Sounding clean and punchy to me.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thanks mikej!