Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PEPPERMARK
Mixed in logic!

2nd Audio has improvements

.mp3    PepperMarkMstr.mp3 --  (Download: 8.89 MB)

.mp3    PepperMarkMstr1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

thanks for taking your time on my track!!

hope you enjoyed mixing it.

as of the mix:

- really like the "natural" drums vibe there. reminds me of how i want to go for drums
- great balancing
- maybe turn those DI tracks down (or even delete them)
- missing some high end from the mix in general. maybe add some in the mix bus

thanks!!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
(03-03-2023, 11:49 AM)Peppermark Wrote: thanks for taking your time on my track!!

hope you enjoyed mixing it.

as of the mix:

- really like the "natural" drums vibe there. reminds me of how i want to go for drums
- great balancing
- maybe turn those DI tracks down (or even delete them)
- missing some high end from the mix in general. maybe add some in the mix bus

thanks!!!!
Hey man! thanks for listening in. These were quality tracks for sure.
For the vibe of the drums I just built the sound at around the DrumRoom track.
It makes the whole track sound bigger. Plus the wet snare track was nice.

About the balancing, specially dynamic wise, I just did some automation.

I did automated some of the DI tracks down on the second take. lol
I added a couple of db to the high fq bus track of the guitars.

For mixing I used a pair of ATH-M50x headphones in conjuctions with a pair of Shure SE315 inears.

.mp3    PepperMarkMstr1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.63 MB)

I really like how natural all the tones are! I also enjoy how smooth the upper midrange is. Personally, I'd have made the drums a little more attacky in the upper range (airy) and tamed the overheads a wee bit more. Maybe some smooth compression, optical style, would be great for them. but that's just my opinion. Also, your mix appears to clips pretty frequently. You might want to do a bit of buss compression or gentle limiting just to make sure it doesn't peak.

Good job though! I like it Smile
(07-03-2023, 02:47 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: I really like how natural all the tones are! I also enjoy how smooth the upper midrange is. Personally, I'd have made the drums a little more attacky in the upper range (airy) and tamed the overheads a wee bit more. Maybe some smooth compression, optical style, would be great for them. but that's just my opinion. Also, your mix appears to clips pretty frequently. You might want to do a bit of buss compression or gentle limiting just to make sure it doesn't peak.

Good job though! I like it Smile

Hey there! thanks for listening in my guy!, About the drums attack, I hear you. I listened to your track, and I can see where you were going. But I'm just not a big a fan of the 5-7k kick boosted beater. You know, the kind of kick you might hear on metal songs. I went for a more "natural" all around feel of the drumset in general. But I see where you're coming from.

About the clipping, I think that might coming from your end brother. You might have your setup to auto-clip on the -14 db lufs. I did it the old way. The dinosaur way the -0.1 db limiting.
Hello!) You've got a very good mix. I like how the balances are set up. And yes, I noticed that you tried to do it more "naturally", it's noticeable even on the balances, and as you noticed in the comments, snare really feels like a drum kit is out there somewhere, and you have guitars in front of your face. Quite well, my colleague, also noticed the work you have with automations!)