Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peppermark - "Interlude"_(CG-MIX)
Really great song and very well tracked. Had some trouble getting the choir and viola to work with the guitars, but the result is alright. Tell me what you think. Cheers.

V2 - Brought the bass up a little more.

V3 - Basic master.

.mp3    Peppermark__Interlude__(CG-MIX)1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.98 MB)

.mp3    Peppermark__Interlude__(CG-MIX)2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.98 MB)

.mp3    Peppermark - Interlude_MASTERED_(CG-MIX).mp3 --  (Download: 13.01 MB)

Thank for the compliment!! Really worked hard on this track so it's good to hear that.

As for the mixing:

- absolutely LOVED the phaser on the "Extra" Guitars!!! Instantly gave'em a new life in the mix i didnt knew it could happen, plus they sound less harsh. 10/10 move right there
- kick sounds AMAZING!! very punchy, loved it
- sometimes bass low end gets dumped maybe it's because you're using the 3 bass tracks at once. the bass DI is out of phase with the bass clean track. recommend using the DI only of you make another bass tone
- maybe turn those tons up a bit (or add some high end)

thanks!!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
(03-03-2023, 11:45 AM)Peppermark Wrote: Thank for the compliment!! Really worked hard on this track so it's good to hear that.

As for the mixing:

- absolutely LOVED the phaser on the "Extra" Guitars!!! Instantly gave'em a new life in the mix i didnt knew it could happen, plus they sound less harsh. 10/10 move right there
- kick sounds AMAZING!! very punchy, loved it
- sometimes bass low end gets dumped maybe it's because you're using the 3 bass tracks at once. the bass DI is out of phase with the bass clean track. recommend using the DI only of you make another bass tone
- maybe turn those tons up a bit (or add some high end)

thanks!!!!
Hey, thanks for the kind words, its greatly appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed the phaser, I wasn't too sure anyone was really gonna pick up on it. As for the bass, I did invert the polarity on the DI track, however, I probably should have brought the bass up a little more, I find my mix to be a little underwhelming in the low-end, that or more automation on the bass buss would have probably sorted the low end dipping at times. Thanks again, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Listening to mix 2, I really like it. It's very smooth. If I got this to master, I would really have an easy time. The kick sounds perfect, though the snare feels a little more "bottom snare" than I'd expect. not a bad thing, just not what I expected for this mix. Did you use the samples that were included or did you augment with some of your own?

Overall, I love the vibe of this. I like your quiet section SO much more than my own. It's really clean. I love the dynamics of your track, and I love how well constructed it was. Thank you for sharing it!
(07-03-2023, 02:52 AM)aftercutrecords Wrote: Listening to mix 2, I really like it. It's very smooth. If I got this to master, I would really have an easy time. The kick sounds perfect, though the snare feels a little more "bottom snare" than I'd expect. not a bad thing, just not what I expected for this mix. Did you use the samples that were included or did you augment with some of your own?

Overall, I love the vibe of this. I like your quiet section SO much more than my own. It's really clean. I love the dynamics of your track, and I love how well constructed it was. Thank you for sharing it!
Hi, I appreciate the kind words; I'm glad you enjoyed the mix. I get what you're saying about the snare it does have a certain snare wire "sizzle" sound to it.

In regards to samples, I only replaced the "kickSample2" track, I felt like it wasn't adding what I wanted to the kick drum. I switched it for a sample with a little more length, and I used reaper's ReaSamplOmatic's transient shaper and pitch transpose to adjust the sample's pitch and decay. It's mixed in pretty low, but it does thicken the overall kick a little. Thanks again.
A cool mix, the balances are not bad, the kick is quite punchy, the bass rhythm sits well in the balance, in some places I want to change the balances of some instruments a little, and also make everything "more powerful", deeper and wider, add more competitive mastering
(13-03-2023, 10:50 AM)JODLEX Wrote: A cool mix, the balances are not bad, the kick is quite punchy, the bass rhythm sits well in the balance, in some places I want to change the balances of some instruments a little, and also make everything "more powerful", deeper and wider, add more competitive mastering
Thanks for the feedback, cheers.