Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions- "One Minute Smile" Mix By BLOODSTENCH
Just found out about this website the other day, super stoked!

Went ahead and found this cool track and gave it a shot mixing. Let me know your thoughts, not much experience mixing just mostly making my own tracks etc. 

Mixed mostly on my DT 770 pro's due to my studio area is in transition right now (acoustics are terrible). 

Replaced kick and snare with modern and massive kontakt library drums (probably should replace toms as well). Mostly just compression, eq, reverb on tracks and not a lot of spice, was going for a clean mix. Definitely trying to get some feedback to better my skills. THANKS!! [Image: smile.gif]

.mp3    MIX 1 \'One Minute Smile\'.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

-Ableton Live
-Yamaha HS5's
-DT770 Pros 80 OHM
Also used some cool slap delay to really widen the vocal!
-Ableton Live
-Yamaha HS5's
-DT770 Pros 80 OHM
Hey BloodStench,

Your mix balance is good.

I'll pay more attention to the Master Track, it seems you "hit it" too loud, and everything sounds distorted
Also, I would bring the vocal a bit upfront, or even better, lower the instrumental a bit

You don't need to overload the Master Bus to sound make it loud, find the right EQ moves for every element, and make place for each element in the mix
Hope this helps

Cheers
MacPro 5,1 - Big Sur | UAD Apollo Twin | AKG - K701 | Reaper | LUNA
(28-02-2023, 10:43 PM)Filipandrei Wrote: Hey Blood Stench,

Your mix balance is good.

I'll pay more attention to the Master Track, it seems you "hit it" too loud, and everything sounds distorted
Also, I would bring the vocal a bit upfront, or even better, lower the instrumental a bit

You don't need to overload the Master Bus to sound make it loud, find the right EQ moves for every element, and make place for each element in the mix
Hope this helps

Cheers
Thanks for the input! Yeah I definitely went a little to hard on the master bus lol. Will for sure work on getting each element to sit in the mix more within its own frequencies. Appreciate it tons, got to get to work with the EQS
-Ableton Live
-Yamaha HS5's
-DT770 Pros 80 OHM