Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
experimental mix
experimental  mix

.mp3    Peppermark_Interlude.mp3 --  (Download: 15.92 MB)

.mp3    Peppermark_Interlude 1.mp3 --  (Download: 15.92 MB)

.mp3    Peppermark_Interlude 3.mp3 --  (Download: 15.92 MB)

.mp3    Peppermark_Interlude fs ik cor.mp3 --  (Download: 15.92 MB)

Hey, really enjoyed your mix. The drums especially sound great and punchy. The balance between the guitars are really well done, I think they might just be a little too "boomy" in the 150hz-250hz range though. Other than that great mix.
(01-03-2023, 06:08 AM)Cephren Gerrard Wrote: Hey, really enjoyed your mix. The drums especially sound great and punchy. The balance between the guitars are really well done, I think they might just be a little too "boomy" in the 150hz-250hz range though. Other than that great mix.

Thank you for the comment Gerrard. I'm glad you liked it. In regards to drums, I challenged myself not to use any additional samples, especially on the snr that I didn't fancy much.
I'll try to fix the boomyness on the gtrs..hopefully they do not get thin..
So happy you guys took some of your time to appreciate my work. Hope you liked mixing those.

As of the mix:
- missing a bit of the tons (maybe just turn them up in the fader or add high end)
- sometimes the low end of the bass is very low. probably that's because of phasing issues, so try to use the bass DI ONLY if you build a new bass tone.
- great kick sound! very "clean" but not so much its "bellow" the bass track
- great balance overall, with some limiting and clipping this should be fine

thanks!!!
Peppermark

if it sounds good, do it bruh
(03-03-2023, 11:40 AM)Peppermark Wrote: So happy you guys took some of your time to appreciate my work. Hope you liked mixing those.

As of the mix:
- missing a bit of the tons (maybe just turn them up in the fader or add high end)
- sometimes the low end of the bass is very low. probably that's because of phasing issues, so try to use the bass DI ONLY if you build a new bass tone.
- great kick sound! very "clean" but not so much its "bellow" the bass track
- great balance overall, with some limiting and clipping this should be fine

thanks!!!
It was a pleasure mixing such a nice and tight record! One of my favorites (in terms of arrangement and genre)! It would be an honor had I been asked to mix this for an official release and I'd have done it for free! 
I'll try to address the issues you raised in an updated version..thank you for taking the time listening to my mix and for the comments!