Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About This Multitrack
You can find the multitrack files for this project in the 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library.

Before posting a mix, please read The Three Commandments!
Please post your mix as a new thread, rather than as a reply to this sticky.

Here's some more project info provided by the artist that you might find useful:

"Not the best, but one of the most representative tracks of mine. To be honest, I’m not sure if this is an Rock or Metal track, and I don’t care about it. This is a compilations of years of listening to a broad sprectum of heavy music (from Hard Rock to Death Metal), and I do believe Interlude is in a limbo between these two genres, but a bit more to the Metal side of things." "The final goal when it comes to drums is to get the most realistic sound for free, with Overhead bleed and still being able to edit MIDI notes the way I want. It’s complicated to manage all of them at once, and that’s why I’m gonna make a tutorial on my YouTube channel about how I go about this."
  • General Guidelines:
    • These tracks are LOUD! Be careful with gain staging with this track.
    • Abuse compression on drum tracks, specially the kick and snare mics.
    • Use drum samples to reinforce high end.
    • BassDI track sometimes gets out of phase with BassAmp tracks, so careful using them together.
    • Guitar tones are already pre-EQ’ed, so be careful taming high frequencies. Dymanic EQ is a excellent choice here.
    • Metal songs are supposed to be LOUD, so try to use more clipping rather than limiting.

"HAVE FUN MIXING/MASTERING!"