Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JulesKing_NeverStop
Hi everyone! This is my take on the mix.

I used a lot of reverb and other effects to give the song an atmospheric feel and vibe. The drums on the original mix are kind of powerless for my liking. I tried to get them closer to a rock sound so they have more power and punch in contrast to the more atmospheric melody of the other elements. I have to say though that the bass guitar sounded really good and controlled.

Please enjoy and leave a comment! Cool

.mp3    JulesKing_NeverStop_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.73 MB)

Your mix is the first I've heard and listened only on my Sennheiser's at this point. No idea of the mix challenges with the tracks nor have I listened to the posted version. Overall, really enjoyed it. The drums could still use more impact/body for my liking but I loved the atmosphere with your verbs/delays. Very well done IMHO.
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:
Yamaha HS80M/HS10W through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or
Sennheiser HD600 or HyperX Alpha headphones
all with and optionally without Sonarworks software.

MITB enthusiast, FOH Sound Engineer, Drummer
(23-02-2023, 08:17 PM)Drummer Craig Wrote: Your mix is the first I've heard and listened only on my Sennheiser's at this point. No idea of the mix challenges with the tracks nor have I listened to the posted version. Overall, really enjoyed it. The drums could still use more impact/body for my liking but I loved the atmosphere with your verbs/delays. Very well done IMHO.
Hi Craig! Thanks for the comment and the kind words!