Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Erocy - Phantom (Hein-Ivan Mix)
A fine song and fun to mix. Hope you like it and thanks for listening and any comments. Cheers!

.mp3    Erocy - Phantom (Hein-Ivan Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 10.97 MB)

I like this mix, probably my favourite so far in terms of balances, but the vocal has a lot of bass and low mids and sounds muffled.
(14-02-2023, 01:03 AM)Judders Wrote: I like this mix, probably my favourite so far in terms of balances, but the vocal has a lot of bass and low mids and sounds muffled.
Hello Judders! Many thanks for the comments. I wanted the vocal to be very up front, but I did cut everything below 80hz and a slight cut at 2.5khz to remove some of the nasal sound. I also have a bit of de-essing, so maybe that was a bit over the top. Anyway, thanks!
(14-02-2023, 01:34 AM)heinim Wrote:
(14-02-2023, 01:03 AM)Judders Wrote: I like this mix, probably my favourite so far in terms of balances, but the vocal has a lot of bass and low mids and sounds muffled.
Hello Judders! Many thanks for the comments. I wanted the vocal to be very up front, but I did cut everything below 80hz and a slight cut at 2.5khz to remove some of the nasal sound. I also have a bit of de-essing, so maybe that was a bit over the top. Anyway, thanks!
Yes, reducing the nasal tone is important, but in your mix I'm hearing the music being masked by the vocal below around 350Hz. I tried to keep as much low end in the vocal as I could, but found I needed a low shelf and a bell around 200Hz to let the Rhodes and synths be heard.

I found this one took a lot of processing, both in terms of dynamics and EQ, although I really like the performance.
(14-02-2023, 09:11 AM)Judders Wrote:
(14-02-2023, 01:34 AM)heinim Wrote:
Yes, reducing the nasal tone is important, but in your mix I'm hearing the music being masked by the vocal below around 350Hz. I tried to keep as much low end in the vocal as I could, but found I needed a low shelf and a bell around 200Hz to let the Rhodes and synths be heard.

I found this one took a lot of processing, both in terms of dynamics and EQ, although I really like the performance.
HiĀ Judders! Yes I do agree on the performance. I'll do another mix later on to fix the vocal. Cheers!
Careful on your bus or master I hear some nasty distortion when there is chords played, during the attack like around 0:43~
(15-02-2023, 10:13 AM)Jambon-beurre Wrote: Careful on your bus or master I hear some nasty distortion when there is chords played, during the attack like around 0:43~
Hello Jambon-beurre! Thanks for the feedback. I do not hear any nasty distortion on any of my 3 monitoring systems, but after opening the project again I hear that the vocal at places has some minor distortion in the original recording. Anyway, I'll gone do another mix later on. Cheers!