Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaathaadi mik123
Hi!

My mix!

Thanks for listening! Big Grin

.mp3    Kaathaadi mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.18 MB)

thanks for dropping by on mine. you are a cheeky devil....but soooo right! Wink

i loved the intro here, it oozed a nice richness that i found appealing.

the major distraction in my headphones was the bass though. i think you've got it running in the reverb and it's booming on the side channels which is causing me difficulties hanging in there - it's pretty uncomfortable. do you want to look at the EQ on the reverb here so the low-end is greatly reduced? i would like to have a good listen when this is sorted.

cheers mik'
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
(28-04-2014, 08:36 PM)The_Metallurgist Wrote: the major distraction in my headphones was the bass though. i think you've got it running in the reverb and it's booming on the side channels which is causing me difficulties hanging in there - it's pretty uncomfortable. do you want to look at the EQ on the reverb here so the low-end is greatly reduced?

I agree with you!

Problems with my bedroom (no)acoustic!

Mess in bass area! ( in mix, no in bedroom Blush)
I like the psycho acoustic properties of your mix.. the artificial space you've created feels great and I'm finding myself quite immersed, even at low volumes. The synth in the beginning feels a touch punchy and I think the female vocals could do with more detailed vocal automation, but otherwise it feels quite lovely. I understand the bass issue, too, I have the same mixing environment.

Great job Smile
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(29-04-2014, 04:39 PM)pauli Wrote: I like the psycho acoustic properties of your mix.. the artificial space you've created feels great and I'm finding myself quite immersed, even at low volumes. The synth in the beginning feels a touch punchy and I think the female vocals could do with more detailed vocal automation, but otherwise it feels quite lovely. I understand the bass issue, too, I have the same mixing environment.

Great job Smile

Thanks!

Yeah bass is a bit much but it's a beautiful sounding mix, nothing to fault, sounds great and enjoyed the intro edits.
Beautiful job mik, a note on the low end, if you run a bass monoizer on your master, it really cleans a lot of things up, and give you some control over your bass. I use BassLane it's a free plugin, but let it be noted that I tend to run the gain on it a touch too hot sometimes. . . anyhoo I loved your mix. I didn't care about the bass in the sides too terribly because you transported me with your interpretation. Excellent work.

Draper