Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions - Devil's Words blackcapaudio mix
Hey everyone!

Here is a mix I did for this track back in 2021 that I never got to posting in here for some reason. Anyway here is my version of this great song!

I went for a tight drum sound on this with just a little ambience but a lot of punch - the whole mix is also more mono than what I usually go for as well. I don't remember why that was but I like how it sounds for this song!

For the vocals it was kind of tricky to get the energy I wanted from some of them as well, so for the chorus I went for a full distorted effect that I then eased up over subsequent choruses. Was for a bit of a contrast and a lift when that chorus slams in.

Thanks y'all!

V2: Tamed some of the harshness and took the loudness down a little as what sounded good listening quietly on headphones did not hold up when cranked later. Should've quality checked that before posting - anyway here's the cleaner version!

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words Blackcapaudio mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words V2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

Revisited this one this week and in a new room (that I am really trying to learn) as opposed to headphones. Feel it has a better overall balance and is slightly more polished. It's not a huge overall change, just a little bit better but I feel happy with this version and felt it should be posted for my own posterity. It's always good to come back and check progress from time to time.

.mp3    Actions - Devil\'s Words.mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)