Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is my first mix
After a long period of just theory study this the first mix that I've done from start to finish. I'm really curious about your feedbacks.

.mp3    Saudade Do Teu Beijo.mp3 --  (Download: 3.17 MB)

Hi,

i think there is way too much compression on the master bus. The pumping effect triggered when the bass (and the kick) hit the compressor makes everything else go down on their knees.
You should really try to control the bass heavy tracks before they hit the Twobus. And if you need compression on the overrall mix, try a comp with sidechain high pass filter to control the pumping effect, so that at least the voice remains intact.
It doesn't have to sound good to move people - David Byrne
(04-02-2023, 09:36 PM)novalix Wrote: Hi,

i think there is way too much compression on the master bus. The pumping effect triggered when the bass (and the kick) hit the compressor makes everything else go down on their knees.
You should really try to control the bass heavy tracks before they hit the Twobus. And if you need compression on the overrall mix, try a comp with sidechain high pass filter to control the pumping effect, so that at least the voice remains intact.
Thanks a lot for your feed, i was sperimenting with bus compression and limiters, so maybe i went a little furtherĀ  Big Grin