Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright MIX
Hello, beginner mixing enthusiast here!
I'd love to get some precious feedback from you on this mix. 
Hope you enjoy!

Edit: I decided to remix it from scratch, I tried to give bass and drums more power. Let me know what you guys think!

.mp3    I\'m Alright MIX V2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.82 MB)

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers-I\'m Alright MIX V3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

I haven't heard the original, nor tried mixing this song. Overall I think it is good. A few things I noted, first being it sounded thin. The drums and bass are audible but don't provide enough body or power (to my liking) in the overall mix so I would look at increasing their fullness. There are some spots that poke out a bit much, like before the guitar solo...the "I'm alright" and "feeling the way"...there may be others to check for. I would try to clear out the middle some more with panning of the other instruments to help the vocal stand out. Just remember to check in mono periodically to ensure balances work in both stereo and mono.
Once again, good job!
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:
Yamaha HS80M/HS10W through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or
Sennheiser HD600 or HyperX Alpha headphones
all with and optionally without Sonarworks software.

MITB enthusiast, FOH Sound Engineer, Drummer
[quote pid='122138' dateline='1675352950']
Thank you so much for your feedback! Yes, I think I can improve the weight of the rhythm section quite a bit, and clear the middle. As soon as I have a new revision I will surely upload it here. Again, thank you very much! 
[/quote]
Good mix.I love your mix.Leon:The Professional :d
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective
(07-02-2023, 02:40 AM)Mammy Wrote: Good mix.I love your mix.Leon:The Professional :d
Thank you so much for your words!
Great balance for a beginner.
that moment when they tell you "I listened to it from my iphone speakers"