Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Swain - Freedom - Updated
(02-02-2023, 08:15 AM)mikej Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 07:32 AM)Dangerous Wrote: I think you need to get out and smell the roses mikej.  There are many problems in the world at the moment and this thread isn't one of them.  
have a lovely day.   Smile

FYI -

You might not be aware of this but I have actually discussed this particular issue with Mike Senior on a number of occasions previously. 

One of the few forum rules is that we all mind our language when discussing mixing.  As I perhaps interact on this forum more than most, and am perhaps more pro-active moderation wise - it is important to me that I am seen to treat everyone fairly, consistently and with respect. 

This is why I just give a little gentle reminder whenever I see language that is perhaps heading against the forum rules.  Mainly to let everyone know it's been noted and flagged up.  I don't want people to say that I call it out for one person and not another. 

Some might see this as being overzealous, but for me, as I said, for me personally it is more a matter of being seen to be fair and consistent.  I can say that everyone on this forum, bar 2 (one of which is mItc) have had the maturity to understand this.

My initial comment was just a gentle general reminder, but as per the last time mItc used similar language, he decided to escalate the issue a little beyond that, by reposting the same thing and telling me where to go.

Perhaps it would have been more appropriate for you, or mItc, or anyone else for that matter,  to send myself, or Mike S a PM if you disagreed with my post, or the general policy.

Cheers!
Mike, you must find something better to do with your time. You have made a mountain out of the tiniest of molehills and it is embarrassing to this forum of adults. Move on, please.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-02-2023, 08:45 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Mike, you must find something better to do with your time. You have made a mountain out of the tiniest of molehills and it is embarrassing to this forum of adults. Move on, please.

Speaking of embarrasing, with the greatest of respect, I personally had moved on after post #2.  You are right to say that this shouldn't have been a big deal, but I should point out that you chose to escalate this somewhat with your subsequent actions rather than moving on yourself.  As I mentioned previously you are free to contact Mike S directly regarding his forum policy or to discuss the implementation thereof.  I try my best.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Mike's doing a fine job everyday and helps keep the forum a place for everyone. In part because he takes the time to give these gentle reminders. In this instance he's right and there's no need to harp on it more.
(02-02-2023, 09:34 AM)mikej Wrote:
(02-02-2023, 08:45 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Mike, you must find something better to do with your time. You have made a mountain out of the tiniest of molehills and it is embarrassing to this forum of adults. Move on, please.

Speaking of embarrasing, with the greatest of respect, I personally had moved on after post #2.  You are right to say that this shouldn't have been a big deal, but I should point out that you chose to escalate this somewhat with your subsequent actions rather than moving on yourself.  As I mentioned previously you are free to contact Mike S directly regarding his forum policy or to discuss the implementation thereof.  I try my best.

Cheers!
Your best, Mike? If this harangue is your best, it is an embarrassment to the community here. If you had 'moved on' you would not have responded to Dangerous or to me. If you feel you must be such an obnoxious presence here, then you should not be surprised that you are widely ignored. You have created this situation for yourself. Try to find something of real consequence and stick to it. It is not this. I will thank you though for drawing attention to my post. Without your needless interference on this post, I would not have nearly as many views. So if you were really trying to limit the exposure of all of the easily offended users here, you would have not drawn any attention to my post. Again, I implore you, find something or someone else to annoy. Your pettiness is overwhelming your usefulness.

Cheers!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-02-2023, 01:13 PM)roy Wrote: Mike's doing a fine job everyday and helps keep the forum a place for everyone. In part because he takes the time to give these gentle reminders. In this instance he's right and there's no need to harp on it more.
Your interference here is drawing a lot more attention to my post. Thank you for that. Maybe I should add something 'offensive' to every post just so I can gin up responses.
The complete over-reaction to my post makes a mockery of any real work Mike is attempting to do. It seems he is just imposing himself for no other reason expect that he can. If this is the scope of his work you deem to be viable, that is a pretty sorry state. Don't you think his efforts would be much more valuable for REAL policing of disrespectful or offensive posts.

Please explain precisely your objection to my post. My post was meant to be jovial, but it has been taken way out of proportion to any real offense in our modern world. No expletives were used to disparage anyone or to disrespect anyone. It was a comical adjective used to describe guitar compression. If your sensibilities are so fragile, it will be impossible to assuage them and I am not going to censor myself for the smallest of demographics.

In the future, I promise to ignore any posts Mike makes in regard to politeness policing and the puritanical gibberish which now seems to pervade this forum.

Thank you for you future responses.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
My post was to draw attention to the positive work Mike provides, if it helps draw more attention to your mix then so be it. No one is picking on you. People have been asked to edit posts when it comes to language before and they make changes without being offended.

It's simply Mike Senior's policy. It may seem strict but it isn't draconian and for a good reason. Feel free to take it up with him. It's his site and he'd like to keep it viable to everyone from adults to students and educators. This policy is that helps keep the site afloat. Mike was simply and politely reminding all of us of that. It really isn't difficult. You can disagree and that's fine but the site is not suffering because of any "puritanical gibberish".

If you come across any recent posts that are disrespectful or offensive please feel free to notify myself or Mike or any of the other mods.
(02-02-2023, 06:49 PM)roy Wrote: My post was to draw attention to the positive work Mike provides, if it helps draw more attention to your mix then so be it. No one is picking on you. People have been asked to edit posts when it comes to language before and they make changes without being offended.

It's simply Mike Senior's policy. It may seem strict but it isn't draconian and for a good reason. Feel free to take it up with him. It's his site and he'd like to keep it viable to everyone from adults to students and educators. This policy is that helps keep the site afloat. Mike was simply and politely reminding all of us of that. It really isn't difficult. You can disagree and that's fine but the site is not suffering because of any "puritanical gibberish".

If you come across any recent posts that are disrespectful or offensive please feel free to notify myself or Mike or any of the other mods.
Draconian? It is the epitome of Draconian. Do you even know what the perceived offense is? It is precisely puritanical gibberish. I feel like I've fallen into a slush pit, a cesspool of puritanical zealots who have let their own tiny taste of power completely overwhelm their sensibilities. It is precisely draconian and puritanical in the most extreme ways. Who do you people think you are? I guess free speech does not exist in this forum.

In case you were unaware:
Draconian: (of laws or their application) excessively harsh and severe.

"the Nazis destroyed the independence of the press by a series of draconian laws"

I wouldn't bother Mike S. with something this incredibly mundane and innocuous. He has better things to do than this. hence, he gives you the responsibility and look what you are doing with it. You are terrorizing me with your draconian rules. And for what? Compressing the pi$$ out a guitar?  Really? Oh my stars. The world will now not beat a path to your door.  Heaven forbid.

You need to stay in your lane and keep your nose out of innocuous posts and save it for truly heinous entries. That you would waste your time on something likes this says a whole lot about the character of the people left to run this place. You have lost ALL perspective.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey man, I can see this really bothers you and I can't say anything to assuage your perceived injuries. But as someone a bit outside of it I can honestly say you're overreacting and it's not changing anything. Is the word in contention that big of a deal? Maybe not. But you're tantrum to it is way more than is necessary. Someone pointed out some possible acerbic language and you're relating it to Nazis. Which, I'd say is probably more offensive than anything so far.

As for "my lane", I'm one of the mods here and one of the people who do put in a bit of time trying to make it a better place for everyone. This isn't a waste of my time. This is part of the investment I've been asked to put into this site. And I'll be the first to admit I don't do nearly enough. You're the one really losing your cool about this and I'm not saying this to be an adversary. You're the one tilting at windmills and wasting energy.

So maybe, for the best of the community and your self, relax, move on or stay on topic and comment on some other mixes and keep this a positive place.

Please?
(02-02-2023, 10:00 PM)roy Wrote: Hey man, I can see this really bothers you and I can't say anything to assuage your perceived injuries. But as someone a bit outside of it I can honestly say you're overreacting and it's not changing anything. Is the word in contention that big of a deal? Maybe not. But you're tantrum to it is way more than is necessary. Someone pointed out some possible acerbic language and you're relating it to Nazis. Which, I'd say is probably more offensive than anything so far.

As for "my lane", I'm one of the mods here and one of the people who do put in a bit of time trying to make it a better place for everyone. This isn't a waste of my time. This is part of the investment I've been asked to put into this site. And I'll be the first to admit I don't do nearly enough. You're the one really losing your cool about this and I'm not saying this to be an adversary. You're the one tilting at windmills and wasting energy.

So maybe, for the best of the community and your self, relax, move on or stay on topic and comment on some other mixes and keep this a positive place.

Please?
Tell me again why you felt the need to chime in on this? Then tell me again who is making more of this than you? You are becoming a laughing stock. Keep it up. It is very entertaining. You still haven't expressed the transgression I am supposed to have perpetrated against the puritanical sensibilities of your audience. Oh. I forgot. You didn't respond to that and the draconian rules. This is not a fair fight. You should quit now.
Cheers!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Ok. I've given you a chance but you seem to feel a need to keep going on about this so I'm going to give you a time out. Take a week off and reflect.

Cheers.