Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam Buckley_"Drag Me Down"_(CG-MIX)
Not super happy with my mix. Had a pretty difficult time with the snare and bass, however, I struggled the most with the distorted guitars. No matter what I couldn't get them to fit right. It's not fantastic, but tell me what you think and how I can improve it. Cheers.

.mp3    Adam Buckley__Drag Me Down__(CG-MIX).mp3 --  (Download: 7.62 MB)

Listening to the stems it seems the distorted guitars were meant to be buried, used as tone for the kick or something. But even so good job they sound big on your mix, although they end up taking the stage away from the clean guitar arpeggios.
(26-01-2023, 06:53 PM)spycs Wrote: Listening to the stems it seems the distorted guitars were meant to be buried, used as tone for the kick or something. But even so good job they sound big on your mix, although they end up taking the stage away from the clean guitar arpeggios.
Hey. Thanks for the input. You're probably right, the distorted guitars were pretty thin. But I found that the clean arpeggios were competing too much with the vocals so I ended up bringing them down after the intro and pushed the distorted guitars up to fill the space. Thanks again. Cheers.