Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Widow - Triviul
Nice song.
Love the vocals.
Please, feedback.
Love.

.mp3    Widow - Inner Music Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Learning
Unfortunately for me I couldn't listen long as the vocal was just too piercing and hurtful. I believe if you put a frequency analyzer plug in on it you clearly see it (should be in the 2K - 4Khz range). Hopefully others will confirm what I'm saying.
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:
Yamaha HS80M/HS10W through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or
Sennheiser HD600 or HyperX Alpha headphones
all with and optionally without Sonarworks software.

MITB enthusiast, FOH Sound Engineer, Drummer
(24-01-2023, 03:43 PM)Drummer Craig Wrote: Unfortunately for me I couldn't listen long as the vocal was just too piercing and hurtful. I believe if you put a frequency analyzer plug in on it you clearly see it (should be in the 2K - 4Khz range). Hopefully others will confirm what I'm saying.
Upps, I gonna check  and fix it.

Maybe I am little deaf.
Learning
I don't believe you are a little deaf (you can always have your hearing checked). I played drums for decades without using hearing protection and was never bothered by it because my ears were very resilient...but they aren't any longer. My audiologist is amazed I still have good hearing but explained that not only do our ears have a frequency range, they also have a dynamic range. I can hear the frequencies...it's just that my dynamic range (and tolerance) in those harsh frequencies (cymbals) is much reduced due to the damage I've done. Your challenge is to learn to listen critically enough and identify these things. Use of metering and spectrum analyzers will assist in this regard.
Take care of your ears.
Peace.
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:

Thank you very much.
I´m working trying to fix the issue.
Learning
New version.
Thanks in advance for your help?

.mp3    Widow - Inner Music Mix v2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.79 MB)

Learning
Much better (what was the frequency range?). I honestly don't know how I would mix this song but I like what you have going on. The lead vocal sits behind the percussion and is quite "laid back" in the mix. This may be your intent or an after effect of the EQ change. It gives a unique vibe and forces the listener to listen harder. But I don't think this would work in a commercial environment where the vocal is typically the pop star and wants to be heard without effort. If you want a change, either automation or compression to bring the softer vocal phrasing closer to the louder, maybe a quick release to bring it forward more...I don't know, try some things. You could also try pushing the percussion back. This actually may be as simple as fader moves either way. Just some thoughts.