Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Cage (musretr0 Mix/Master)
I couldn't find a thread with mastering so I added my version of this track in the Mix forum page.. This was quite a challenge but also gave me a good learning curve. Enjoy

.mp3    The Black Crown - Cage (musretr0 Mix:Master).mp3 --  (Download: 12.41 MB)

Quote:I couldn't find a thread with mastering so I added my version of this track in the Mix forum page..

Hi!

I've noticed that there might be a little bit of confusion as to the purpose of the mastering forum, so I'll post this here:

- The mastering forum is where you post your masters of the 'Unmastered Mix' wav file that you can download from the multitrack library.

Note that not every track has an unmastered version available for download, which is why there isn't a thread in the mastering forum for every track in the library.

- The mixing forum is where you post your mixes, so this would be the correct place to post your mix of this track.

The mastering forum is not the place for posting masters of your own mixes.

Hope that helps to clear things up?

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(23-01-2023, 07:22 AM)mikej Wrote:
Quote:I couldn't find a thread with mastering so I added my version of this track in the Mix forum page..

Hi!

I've noticed that there might be a little bit of  confusion as to the purpose of the mastering forum, so I'll post this here:

- The mastering forum is where you post your masters of the 'Unmastered Mix' wav file that you can download from the multitrack library. 

Note that not every track has an unmastered version available for download, which is why there isn't a thread in the mastering forum for every track in the library.

- The mixing forum is where you post your mixes, so this would be the correct place to post your mix of this track.

The mastering forum is not the place for posting masters of your own mixes.

Hope that helps to clear things up?

Cheers!

Hello, 

I realised it was submitted in the mixing forum as there is no Mastering thread for this track from the artist. Therefore, it was placed in the mixing forum. There is no confusion, I have searched for a Mastering thread and I did not want to create one as I am not sure what to do.

Thanks
Quote: I have searched for a Mastering thread and I did not want to create one as I am not sure what to do.

Hi,

There is no Mastering thread for the track 'Cage' by The Black Crown as there is no unmastered mix to download to practice mastering that song with.

If you check here: The Black Crown

You'll find that there is an unmastered mix to download for the track 'Flames', but not 'Cage'.

The idea behind the mastering forum is that people download the unmastered mixes to practice their mastering skills with. Everyone masters the same file, and compares results.

For the track 'Cage' you can only download the stems to mix, so that is why there is only a mixing forum entry for this track.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!