Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Menon - Through my eyes | Mix & Master by MZ
Thanks for the great performance & production by the artist, and thanks for giving away the multitrack.

Mixed in Cubase 12 - Mastered in Wavelab

Update: a newer version with some edits in the master as per suggestions

.mp3    Through My Eyes - Master CB 4.mp3 --  (Download: 9.59 MB)

I have not heard this song other than your mix. The mix sounds too boxy to me (probably 500 - 800Hz range). With this type of song I expect to hear airyness in both vocals and instruments along with more weighty low end. So I would suggest trying to make a broad brush reduction in the midrange and see where that takes it.
Comments are my personal opinion intended to help. I listened to your mix in studio on:
Yamaha HS80M/HS10W through a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 or
Sennheiser HD600 or HyperX Alpha headphones
all with and optionally without Sonarworks software.

MITB enthusiast, FOH Sound Engineer, Drummer
(23-01-2023, 09:34 PM)Drummer Craig Wrote: I have not heard this song other than your mix. The mix sounds too boxy to me (probably 500 - 800Hz range). With this type of song I expect to hear airyness in both vocals and instruments along with more weighty low end. So I would suggest trying to make a broad brush reduction in the midrange and see where that takes it.
Thanks Craig for the suggestion. I did some cuts in the lower mids with taming some harshness in the 2-5Khz area to smooth things a bit after the cuts. I attached the new version if you can listen and give a second feedback.