Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triviul - Dorothy - Sadboi Studios Mix
First mix of the year, how about that! And what an experience this track was. I picked this song as I really loved the strings section during the chorus, and thought I could convey the vibe that it gave off to me, however I don't think I've managed to do that this time ladies and gentlemen. 

Its not that this was a difficult mix, and this is just my opinion here, but I think the instruments/ samples/ sounds used in this production don't particularly fit together very well. one thing that really annoyed me was the first female vocal 'Oh No', since this is a mix-down of multiple recordings, its hard to fix the timing of this as I felt this was out - and I didn't really enjoy its timbre - but I think I'm getting ahead of myself here. what I will say though; the main raw vocal sounds absolutely brilliant! I really want the microphone used to record it! 

As for the actual mix, its okay. I believe the balance is relatively okay (I've explained in other posts why I cant fix this with automation  Rolleyes ). I think the biggest issues on this mix would be the strings and the vocals. I really wanted the strings to be the main focus and I've certainly pushed them too far, making them something they just are not. The vocals just sounded too good, so good in fact that I over-processed them and ruined them. You live and you learn I guess...whats next? 

As always,  feedback is greatly appreciated!

Stay cheesy folks x
Sadboi Studios

.mp3    Triviul - Dorothy - Sadboi Studios Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.77 MB)