Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels in Amplifiers
My attempt.

Any feedback welcomed.

.mp3    Angels in Amplifiers.mp3 --  (Download: 3.43 MB)

Nice, wide, but kick is missing in the mix.
(22-01-2023, 11:24 AM)roxa Wrote: Nice, wide, but kick is missing in the mix.
Funny you should say that, I've just had my room treated and on listening back to previous mixes I've "lost" most of the low end. Well worth the spend. I will have to attempt this again at some point!
Too much muddy lor too much 200-500 for my taste.. sounds like you havent payed attention to that, or maybe its just me.
I like how the snare cut trough the mix, very good tone. Balancing of instruments is very well managed.. Vocal level is on point, I wouldve used some eq for presence and some character, to stick out more dominantly, maybe saturation or compression idk.. but not necessarily make it more loud idk, something to round this mix and make it complete because its a good mix overall. Im curious how much LUFS is this mix.
(25-02-2023, 01:01 PM)Petar_27 Wrote: Too much muddy lor too much 200-500 for my taste.. sounds like you havent payed attention to that, or maybe its just me.
I like how the snare cut trough the mix, very good tone. Balancing of instruments is very well managed.. Vocal level is on point, I wouldve used some eq for presence and some character, to stick out more dominantly, maybe saturation or compression idk.. but not necessarily make it more loud idk, something to round this mix and make it complete because its a good mix overall. Im curious how much LUFS is this mix.
Many thanks for the feedback, I agree with your statement regarding the mud, I've recently had my room treated and noticed a lot of my previous mixes are "interesting"...

I generally master to about -8 to -9 LUFS, (I'm sure this will raise some eyebrows but happy to discuss the reasoning) although I can't confirm as I no longer have the session.
Nice mix, sounds good, but it seemed to me that there was a little lack of "power", depth of sound
Hi Tronbotic.I adjusted your mix to myself.Hope that helps .
Little details always gives inspiration to change your perspective