Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im alright - Angels In Anplifiers_my mix&master
Hello, this is my mix and master of Angels In Amplifiers - Im alright. A great and fun song.
I liked the melody of this song from the start, it has a cool vibe, good instruments and pretty well recorded.
So on the drums I pretty much cleaned the mic bleed from the start of mixing, so to achieve more clear overall sound, wich was my first intent in this classic rock piece. I strived for balance in the mix, I hope Ive done a good enough job. It was mixed on cheap earbuds. Mixed with m/s processing. and I also checked the mix in the range 200-4000Hz to see the dynamics there, and that helped a lot. Once mastered I listened to it on my phone and laptop speakers.
Vocals were tuned, edited a bunch, level sweetening. I have removed unnecessary breaths before phrases, I thought they were excessive, but that is probably how everyone likes it on its own taste. I wanted the chorus to come in strong as a door kick-in as I felt it will be most appropriate for this song and the singers performance. Backing vocals also edited, tuned, eq and compression. Slight double L and R delay on main vocal with different time delay for stereo effect. I tried adding also reverb but I didnt like the feel it was giving so I decided to use delay only. I also added a double main vocal with 100% distortion for more cut through. 
Added some slight parallel compression to the piano (kick trigger) and the guitar (snare trigger) for some dynamic. Maybe I could have done some paral. comp. of the rythm section with the kick drum as most rock songs, but for some reason I decided not to.
On the master chain I used some corrective eq with FabFilter ProQ3, some slight compression, some additive eq, an exiter for saturation and stereo width and some more compression for glueing the mix and in the end I used FabFilter limiter.
This was my first mix/master Smile since I start many mixes and tend to abandon them after some time Smile I am determined to work more and learn on more mixes and start doing some real work very soon I hope Smile . Here it is, enjoy.
Please do comment and let me know what you would have done differently Blush . Petar

.mp3    Im alright_master.mp3 --  (Download: 5.46 MB)

You didn't upload the file.
(14-01-2023, 06:10 PM)roy Wrote: You didn't upload the file.
thankss, done.