Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My take on "Song of India"
Hi all!

Here is my mix.

I think it was difficult to build a mix that included the ambience mikes so I've used less room/ambience and more artifiscal reverb than the other mixes I've heard from you, my fellow mixers.

Please give me some comments on whats good and whats not.

Thanks

.mp3    Abletones Big Band - Song of india mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 5.5 MB)

Meilleur que le mix original, plus vivante et une brillance pour chaque instrument excellente.
Sounds great to me. The ambience you've created sounds very natural and the overall balance is excellent in my opinion.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(29-04-2014, 07:07 PM)georgesmartin Wrote: Meilleur que le mix original, plus vivante et une brillance pour chaque instrument excellente.

Hello georgesmartin!

I don not speak french so I had to use google translate to understand what you wrote!

Thanks for your kind comment!

Merci! :-)
(29-04-2014, 07:22 PM)bmullen Wrote: Sounds great to me. The ambience you've created sounds very natural and the overall balance is excellent in my opinion.

Hi bmullen

I was quite happy with how this turned out, especially after I gave up using the ambience mikes.

Thanks again for listening to the mix and for your nice comment!

Cheers!
Hi,

Good overall, I think.

My only thought with the reverb is that it sounds like your room size is too big. Myself, I'd be inclined to go for more of a jazz club rather than a concert hall. For what you chose though, it sounds very nice. Not too much level, not too high of an rt60. It suits "concert hall" just about perfectly.
Old West Audio