Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Daimon B - Another Life_(CG-MIX)
Fantastic song. Really enjoyed the arrangement. Had a little bit of trouble with the snare getting it to sound right, and I had to use a lot of automation to create space for the synths and guitars to work together. Other than that, its not the greatest mix, but hopefully its not too bad. Cheers.

.mp3    Daimon B - Another Life (CG-MIX).mp3 --  (Download: 9.25 MB)

.mp3    Daimon B - Another Life V2 (CG-MIX).mp3 --  (Download: 9.25 MB)

Brought up the bass and changed the balance slightly on V2
In general a nice mix. Everything sounds in place and as it should be. Nice work!
(08-01-2023, 03:06 PM)Ak3r Wrote: In general a nice mix. Everything sounds in place and as it should be. Nice work!
Cheers man, greatly appreciated.
Hey, Nice mix overall.
Snare drum has an interesting sound, but I think is too loud and is missing some low end (150-200 Hz). Also I think OH cymbals sound a bit "washy" and are loud. They take a lot of space in the upper highs. My ears instead of focusing on the vocals and the synths and the guitars, are interupted every time by the cymbals and it's annoying tbh. Also, kick drum could be punchier. In general your mix tends to have a lot of high end.
So all in all, try to do a volume and frequencies rebalance and you gonna be in a much better place! Cheers!
Your mix sounds good overall. However, you could have "pushed" the general volume a little.
So, there is one thing that bothers me a lot: you absolutely do not respect the drummer's playing. Let's take the passage from 1'03 to 1'18: your snare only reproduces a simple attack whereas originally (check the track) there are "rolls" and "ghost notes". This is annoying in that it absolutely does not reproduce the original rhythm. 
Pay attention to this kind of "detail". This can ruin a title...