Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[straight up mix] Strugle City
Nice tracks! Mixed in logic
Straight up mix

v2 out

.mp3    Strugle_City.mp3 --  (Download: 4.33 MB)

.mp3    Strugle_Cityv.2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.18 MB)

Sounds fine. Toms might be a bit loud. I only say that first because I noticed it as I'm typing.

I think the BgVx could be a little more distinct. Maybe a little bigger and a hair brighter.

I'm not a fan of the vocal reverb. It just feels 'artificial' to me.

Don't love the bass sound on the break. I get the idea but it feel like it steps back, as it were, so the dynamics don't really change and going into the next section doesn't feel as dramatic as it should. It shouldn't be too over the top but the change in sections could feel a bit more powerful.

Overall, it's a good mix. I'd make some minor tweaks but there's nothing wrong with it.
(31-12-2022, 07:01 PM)roy Wrote: Sounds fine. Toms might be a bit loud. I only say that first because I noticed it as I'm typing.

I think the BgVx could be a little more distinct. Maybe a little bigger and a hair brighter.

I'm not a fan of the vocal reverb. It just feels 'artificial' to me.

Don't love the bass sound on the break. I get the idea but it feel like it steps back, as it were, so the dynamics don't really change and going into the next section doesn't feel as dramatic as it should. It shouldn't be too over the top but the change in sections could feel a bit more powerful.

Overall, it's a good mix. I'd make some minor tweaks but there's nothing wrong with it.

Hey roy! Thanks for commenting my friend! Alright alright, it sounds like its an overall win lol

Ok, regarding the toms, I can definitely pulled them off a bit. Regarding the choice I made on the bass section, it goes down to your personal preferences. In my opinion doing a low cut helps with the overall flow and atack(tightness) on the bass lines. (Its a bit grittier and “unapologetic”) but that was a concensous choice.

About the revrb on the vocal. I put a mild-short timed plate reverb, nothing fancy. I found that Without the reverb the vocal is just too dry. It doesn’t sit well with this tracks.

I do however think the whole track feels too heavy on the low end spectrum. Ill try to post a revised version today or tomorrow.

Be sure to check it out again as Im interested in your opinion jeje. Take care my friend!