Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transcention
(23-04-2014, 08:41 PM)pauli Wrote: You either checked the mix on an analyzer or you have very good ears Big Grin I put a 12db per octave HP filter on the side channel of the entire mix at exactly 150 Hz. It's kinda crazy how much that technique focuses the bass and opens up everything else... I'm pretty much doing it on every mix now.

that made me laugh! originally, i thought 200Hz (nice round figure), then i played it back again and recognised the conga as being the lowest, and revised my SWAG (scientific, wild a** guess)!

i set mine around 100Hz with a 12dB/oct slope, but it's not a static value. sometimes, if i've panned stuff properly and/or the arrangement is complementary, i don't need to do anything....but it's entirely dependent on the day. no rules. with a hard rock or DM genre, i'd put a lot more bass on the sides....they like that sort of thing! :/

Quote:I'd suggest you try all 3 of APZX's songs in the library. They're all top-notch compositionally... no arrangement work necessary, and the synths he used allow tons of room for adding characterful effects, which is a rare treat.

ok...how much is he paying you to say that? lol it's nice to be able to give credit where it's due, eh? i will indeed check it out and thanks for that tip. incidentally, i took up the challenge of the Hindi mix you recommended. it was quite a big mission, but i loved every minute of it! spot on for that, dude.

Quote:Thanks again for taking the time for a detailed listen, I always appreciate it!

any time...if i miss one of your mixes...you gotta hit me with a PM, ok, 'cos my admin can get a bit slack sometimes!
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!

Messages In This Thread
Transcention - by pauli - 23-04-2014, 01:58 AM
RE: Transcention - by The_Metallurgist - 23-04-2014, 02:26 PM
RE: Transcention - by pauli - 23-04-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: Transcention - by The_Metallurgist - 24-04-2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Transcention - by thedon - 24-04-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: Transcention - by The_Metallurgist - 24-04-2014, 03:51 PM