Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another_Life
Hello everyone!

Today I finished mixing this one. Very similar to the previous song by DaimonB. Great arrangement and choice of sounds. Also very good vocal takes. In general a very beautiful song that I really enjoyed mixing.
I will agree with a comment I read in the forum that the snare drum could be 'played' harder, meaning it could have a higher value of velosity as it is a programmed snare.

I would like to make a comment.

This is blend of heavy electric guitars, synths,  bass synths, and metal drums. so there is already a wide spectrum of instruments taking up space. So I think vocal tracks could be fewer. Having many vocal tracks would inevitably push you to put them up in front and kinda mask the rest of the mix and making the other instruments sound 'small'. Otherwise you would put them more in the back and then they would get masked by the rest of the instruments and there would be no reason of having 5 or 6 lead vocals plus the backing ones, plus the harmony vocals. While mixing I faced this. I tried to keep vocals nice and full as they were meant to be for the song but not too up front so they blank the rest of the mix.

Enjoy and please leave your thoughts !! Cool

.mp3    DaimonB_AnotherLife_MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 9.29 MB)

I think your vocals are on point. Nothing wrong with how they sound they fit nice and neat in there that is very pleasing to hear.
The only thing for me is your instrumentation is very mid scooped.. probably to make the voice fit better?? but good mix overall I like it. You should try to hear it in
a car or different headphones etc.. sometimes to much mid scoops cause a painful experience in some systems.
again, love your vocals.
(17-12-2022, 11:57 PM)Shul Wrote: I think your vocals are on point. Nothing wrong with how they sound they fit nice and neat in there that is very pleasing to hear.
The only thing for me is your instrumentation is very mid scooped.. probably to make the voice fit better?? but good mix overall I like it. You should try to hear it in
a car or different headphones etc.. sometimes to much mid scoops cause a painful experience in some systems.
again, love your vocals.
Hi Shul, thanks for the comment!

I am happy you like the vocals. I did not want to push the mids because there are so many instruments that take the mid range, vocals, synths, especially the lead synth that is always playing, I think you know which one I mean. I wanted a tight sound. The only element other than the vocals that I pushed the mid frequencies is the lead synth. But I am sure that my headphones and monitors play their role. Could be a matter of taste, I don't know.

Thanks again. Cheers! Cool