Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix & Master of Mykey Massacre - 'Struggle City' - Impressive Sounds Studio
Here is my Mix and Master of the song: Mykey Massacre - 'Struggle City'

Please be so kind to leave a review about my work, whether good or bad; I do this for fun mostly so this helps me to continue improving! [Image: smile.gif]

Note:  This mix was rendered at -14LUFS with a True Peak of -1 dB for streaming standards.

.m4a    Cambridge multitrack mix featuring Mykey Massacre - Struggle City, Mix & Master by Daniel Boyd.m4a --  (Download: 7.53 MB)

I like the vocal delays!

Lead vocal is very loud and detached from the rest of the mix at points, other times it feels about right, you definitely should play with riding the level around for different parts of the song, and when it drops out and the guitar solo comes in the solo is very quiet which results in a massive drop of energy.

Kick feels very pillowy, I think it needs more attack and snap as it feels like it's kinda slowing the song down.

Snare is quite loud and spitty, works at high volume but if you turn the song down it jumps out a bit.

I think you should do some research into the -14lufs thing, that's the playback level of most of the streaming platforms but not actually what most people upload, commercial records in this sort of genre are gonna be much louder than this.