Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daimon B - Another Life
Hi,

Another great track.  My mix attempt.

Cheers!

Update: Added mix 2.0
Update: Added mix 3.0. Decided to give it another go as I wasn't happy with my previous attempts.

.mp3    Daimon B - Another Life.mp3 --  (Download: 9.03 MB)

.mp3    Daimon B - Another Life 2.0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.03 MB)

.mp3    Daimon B - Another Life 3.0.mp3 --  (Download: 9.08 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
I like the vocals. Kick sounding too boomy, in occasions it feels like it doesn't pierce through enough. I'm missing the Tom's and that snare ghost notes, but I get why you decided to use a sample on the snare. Very good sounding mix overall. Keep it up.
Hi!

Many thanks for checking out my mix and for the comments. I've just uploaded a v2.

I've tried to tighten up the kick a bit whilst still keeping it a little on the heavier side. The toms were in the mix somewhere, but I have given them a bit of a boost and also rebalanced the overeall drum level in the mix a touch. I didn't notice that I'd managed to obliterate all the ghost snare hits - thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully they are back now? I didn't actually add any snare samples for this mix, though I can see why you might have thought that with the missing hits!

Thanks again!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Hi,

Added mix 3.0 - decided to have another try at it.

Cheers!