Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North To Alaska 'All The Same' (EquilibriumMIX)
Comments are welcome!

.mp3    North To Alaska \'All The Same\' (EquilibriumMIX).mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

Alexander
Hi Alexander, I think your mix sounds pretty good. All the basics are in place, with good balances and decent clarity in general

There is a little bit of cloudiness in the vocals, I think maybe around about the 500-600 hz mark, and the guitars have a lot of energy in that area too, so the chorus vocals aren't as distinct as they could be. The mix has a lot of energy in the high mids around the 4-6k mark, which is probably the guitars and vocals. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but because the low end around the 80-150hz mark is lacking, the slight unbalance between the lows and highs tends to make the mix sound a bit overly bright and strident. I'd say the bass and kick are where you will find most of the needed energy there.

I think you've done a pretty good job with the drums here - they are nice and punchy...However, the drums feel a little bit dry and lacking sustain, especially in the choruses, where they need extra sustain to be more than just a "pop" with all those guitars going. Try getting some room-style ambience happening on them - maybe even some parallel compression to lengthen out the drum sounds.

One other thing you might want to try is to add a bit of ambience - maybe some delays or reverbs to the vocals - especially in the choruses. Delays especially can add a lot of excitement and give the feeling of things being loud and the sound "bouncing off the walls".

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Thank you so much for the comment. I will analyze what has been said and try to fix it.
Alexander