Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaf - Come Around
Hello

Here is my mix or at least the first version.
Feel free to comment or criticize.

01: the first version
02: a little less master eq/comp/limit
03: a little fix to bass, acgtr and voc

.mp3    Come Around 01 master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.45 MB)

.mp3    Come Around 01 master 02.mp3 --  (Download: 9.45 MB)

.mp3    Come Around 02 master 01.mp3 --  (Download: 9.45 MB)

Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
I'd like to hear this with less mater bus compression.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Here is the second version.
Well the file is actually in the first post so look there and listen the file that is there Tongue

Only master bus effects have been modified.
More headroom for mix by reducing comps.
A small amount of low eq added to keep solid low end.

I'm not sure if this is enough as there are a lot of compression in my mix already before the master.
Become a better mixer.
Som,e nice ideas,i like it even tho I kept thinking I had a tx message on my phone listening to it lol.
Nice mix. I really like your use of ambience and delay.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Mahatma Gandhi

Listened to version 2.....LOVED the ElecGtr tone and effects, especially the intro......excellent work there. The vocals also sit well in the mix too ---except the very last word "deny", where it loses clarity.

You've used the acoustic guitar to good effect during the choruses - which is tempting - but you haven't fixed the resonance.

You've lifted the snare drum out of tbe loop nicely .... but i think your bass and kick are conflicting so the bottom end sometimes sounds a bit wooly.

Lots to like about the mix..Smile..couple of things to look at if you do version3
(01-06-2014, 02:50 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Listened to version 2.....LOVED the ElecGtr tone and effects, especially the intro......excellent work there. The vocals also sit well in the mix too ---except the very last word "deny", where it loses clarity.
Well the vocal at the end was kind of artistic choice. There is fade out in the lead voc and same time a delay fx fade in. I didn't mean it to lost clarity but to be a nice fx as other instruments fade out and the last things are a guitar and the vocal delay.
I added automated eq high shelf boost to ad more clarity to that part.

(01-06-2014, 02:50 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: You've used the acoustic guitar to good effect during the choruses - which is tempting - but you haven't fixed the resonance.
I tried but my skills were not enough. Yet...
I still think that it is a key part of the chorus as it is the most rhythmic instrument.

(01-06-2014, 02:50 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: You've lifted the snare drum out of tbe loop nicely .... but i think your bass and kick are conflicting so the bottom end sometimes sounds a bit wooly.
I wanted a really full mix even when listening in low levels. I don't think anybody listen atmospheric music really loud.
So yes the low end is really "wooly" Big Grin

I tried to make it better by increasing the bass track ducker that is driven by the low end of the loop. Now it takes a little bit more and a little longer off of the bass.

(01-06-2014, 02:50 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Lots to like about the mix..Smile..couple of things to look at if you do version3
I do version 21 if I can learn something in the process. Just might take some time.
Thank you for the feedback Smile
Become a better mixer.