Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Swain - Freedom (Lay Down My Life For You) - phil
Here is my try on this song.

Any feedback welcome (learning how to mix rock).

Phil

v2 posted

.mp3    Johnny Swain - Freedom (Lay Down My Life For You)-001.mp3 --  (Download: 10.84 MB)

.mp3    Johnny Swain - Freedom (Lay Down My Life For You)-002.mp3 --  (Download: 10.84 MB)

Mix 2 is very solid. I am hearing your reverbs come up in the sides when possibly, the buss compressor releases, especially in the beginning of the song, and not in the most flattering way. I think your reverb/delay choices are fine and lend good character to your mix when the power is up. Maybe by widening the placement of elements in your mix, it may work better with your current reverb placement. That's real nit-pickin on a very good mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(06-02-2023, 06:45 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Mix 2 is very solid. I am hearing your reverbs come up in the sides when possibly, the buss compressor releases, especially in the beginning of the song, and not in the most flattering way. I think your reverb/delay choices are fine and lend good character to your mix when the power is up. Maybe by widening the placement of elements in your mix, it may work better with your current reverb placement. That's real nit-pickin on a very good mix.
thank you very much for your comment, I appreciate.