Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pain remains
Ha! with 30+ yrs experience and you used it to compare to us? Quite a huge measuring stick, I'd say. I just started to hear things 3 months ago and still discover new things almost daily. You see the gap bet us? I can barely get the snare to snap in the first 5-6 hours of working. (I used the word crawl bc I think I am just a baby in this business. Hope that gets across).

A note on the emotional aspect of mixing. Our abilities to detect emotions vary from person to person. The same with our hearing. The same with our visions. Your ability to detect pain, sadness, frustration, etc, (emotions) and the amount thereof, I can safely say, is ranging from little to vastly diff to mine and, possibly, many others. I mean look at the amount of influences around us. Would you still feel the pain of this song listening in diff environment, say, at a party where you're trying to get laid with a... hot metal chic?

Here, to me, is a place to learn. Most of us here ranging from beginner to somewhat adequate. And, if not all of us, most need technical advises, tricks, tips, etc. (Those who actually come here hoping to learn, not to wave their manhood around trying to prove something or, worse, looking for validation. They can do that to/from their gfs. I don't need to see that.). You'd do a better service if we concentrate on that. Point it out to us, man, and show us how to do it is a better course of action when you listen to our mixes, especially when you're capable. And just the technical stuffs. Don't give us bread while we're thirsty. And the less adjectives the better. Some of us don't know what warmth in music is but most will understand that we need more/less bottom end ~100-250Hz, for example. Clean, clear, and to the point criticisms and solutions. With that many years under your belt, I am sure you can do that no problem here. That would make you a hero for sure. At least, to me. I wish more people with your caliber come here to teach us, even if it's out of pity but... and so we must do without, stumbling in the dark, in unfamiliar terrain, and without guidance. Sounds like fun?

Messages In This Thread
Pain remains - by SonicTramp - 21-11-2022, 07:46 AM
RE: Pain remains - by motomojo - 29-11-2022, 05:02 AM
RE: Pain remains - by SonicTramp - 29-11-2022, 08:24 AM
RE: Pain remains - by motomojo - 29-11-2022, 05:18 PM
RE: Pain remains - by SonicTramp - 30-11-2022, 01:43 AM
RE: Pain remains - by motomojo - 30-11-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Pain remains - by SonicTramp - 08-12-2022, 12:21 PM
RE: Pain remains - by Philip - 08-12-2022, 08:27 PM
RE: Pain remains - by SonicTramp - 09-12-2022, 06:14 AM
RE: Pain remains - by SonicTramp - 09-12-2022, 08:22 AM